Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Rebel 300/500 forum users! Noob here from Long Island, NY. I don't have a bike yet, but the Rebel 300/500 is something I'm leaning towards for my first bike. Taking the MSF BRC next week and hope to have a bike of my own to ride around on later in the summer and fall.

Not really sure what I'm getting in to, but my wife is beside me on this (she's taking the course and will be getting a bike of her own as well!) and I have many fond memories of riding as a passenger on my dad's '77 Suzuki GS550.

My plan for the bike is to have leisurely rides with my wife around the Northeast, and to use it as a commuter during the warmer/dryer seasons (my commute is 16 miles each way on winding roads along the Long Island north shore). I'm reading up as much as I can on everything related to the Rebel and riding in general (like how to best deal with commuting to a job that I wear a suit and tie at and what options I have to modify the bike to be a style of my own).

In any event, I look forward to sharing more with you guys once I start looking to purchase a bike and then even more once I'm riding!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys! Hope to be on my own Rebel 500 soon!

Welcome! I'm a Long Island native myself, I love the north shore!
My commute is Northport - Stony Brook if that gives you any idea of the ride I'll be doing. I enjoy the north shore but I wish Long Island had more coastal views to enjoy while riding. Most of the coastal roads are blocked by houses along the water!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome aboard! I like the north shore as well. I cruise around the stretch from oyster bay to Huntington often there’s a lot of fun roads that way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, just a quick update - I had a 500 ABS on order, but apparently it got sniped before my dealer could put a lock on it at the warehouse. They said they'd be looking at end of August for the first availability. I decided to use that opportunity to go with the other bike I was considering, the Vulcan S, which I'm picking up tomorrow morning.

My wife is still set on the Rebel 500, so I plan on staying a member here to participate in discussions, but unfortunately I am not going to have one of my own. I'll just sit quietly in the back of the room ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome Foo

Similar thing happened to me. It was a Sunday and dealer just got a cmx traded in, I phoned them first thing Monday morning, salesmen said it had just come in and couldn't find it on the books, couple minutes later he returned my call and said it was already sold.

I was looking for demo/pre-owned - very hard to come by.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the forum Foo.
Please keep us updated on your progress in getting yourself and wife a bike.
It will be exciting but always be safe. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Hey all, just a quick update - I had a 500 ABS on order, but apparently it got sniped before my dealer could put a lock on it at the warehouse. They said they'd be looking at end of August for the first availability. I decided to use that opportunity to go with the other bike I was considering, the Vulcan S, which I'm picking up tomorrow morning.

My wife is still set on the Rebel 500, so I plan on staying a member here to participate in discussions, but unfortunately I am not going to have one of my own. I'll just sit quietly in the back of the room ;)
When the time comes, please do a bit of comparing between the two. It would be interesting to hear how the Vulcan is vs the Rebel :smile2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts