Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there,

Just wanted to introduce myself: I am twentyfive years old and come from "the Ruhrgebiet" in Germany. I studied social work but as this time i work as an educator in a kindergarden.

I am very new to riding, got my license last tuesday and my Rebel 500 on thursday. But i read this forum multiple times before i were allowed to drive ;)

Very pleased so far with the Rebel. Was driving a Suzuki Gladius in driving school, but i dont miss the power, the Rebel is fine. By car, i like driving on very low rpms, but I think for the breaking-in process i shouldnt ride it too low nor too high, right?

I just want to ride it every day! =) Today, i plan to dismount the passenger seat and the foot pegs. Does this work with the board tools?

With the best greetings,
Kradmelder

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hey there, welcome!

Yes, in general, ride it like you would any other day. Don't baby it, don't abuse it, keep it in the middle ;)

You'll probably need a better set of the same tools provided with the bike, for the sake of making things a little easier on you. But you'll need a tool not provided with the bike to be able to remove the passenger peg on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Lyoko, are the Honda-tools that bad? Foot peg on the exhaust-side, I feared exactly that! Which tool do i need? It seems to me, like the peg-mounting stabilises the exhaust...

By the way: Where do you live in Norway? My girlfriend and me did a tour around scandinavia last year, beautiful landscape and very friendly people! =) But expensive as f....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Lyoko, are the Honda-tools that bad? Foot peg on the exhaust-side, I feared exactly that! Which tool do i need? It seems to me, like the peg-mounting stabilises the exhaust...

By the way: Where do you live in Norway? My girlfriend and me did a tour around scandinavia last year, beautiful landscape and very friendly people! =) But expensive as f....
Partly bad, partly hard to work with compaired to decent tools.
As an example, I've allready broken the tip of the screwdriver due to poor quality, so...

Yeah, you'll only be able to remove the peg itself, and not the whole bracket. You'll need a wrench to remove it.

Heh, well I live in our Oil Capital, pretty much the most expensive place there is in Norway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts