Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone even use GPS trackers hidden on their bike? I feel like I should, but not entirely sure my money would be well spent since the bike is effectively gone forever if it's stolen. My best bet would be to at least give the police an area to go sniffing around for trouble if they cared enough to follow up. Which I somewhat doubt they would...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use for 5 years GPS trackers TK102. Accuracy of 2 to 3 meters.
In order not to charge the internal battery I have a permanent charger on the battery of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does anyone even use GPS trackers hidden on their bike? I feel like I should, but not entirely sure my money would be well spent since the bike is effectively gone forever if it's stolen. My best bet would be to at least give the police an area to go sniffing around for trouble if they cared enough to follow up. Which I somewhat doubt they would...

Thoughts?
I have this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MoniMoto-Motorcycle-Suitable-Scooters-Snowmobiles/dp/B072HV5SLQ

It seems to be available in EU only though.. Also, its not a live tracker, its a silent alarm. It places an automatic call the to owner in case of motions (without detecting the key fob), then sends gps coordinates every 5min. I have tested few times, its pretty accurate. Also, no wiring needed, it is powered by a replaceable battery which has got a year or so lifetime (unless it triggers every day).
Monthly fee is still free as the app is in beta mode yet but it will cost like £3-4 a month and that includes EU roaming.
I would say it worth for me, as an extra "something that makes you sleep better"

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
I use for 5 years GPS trackers TK102. Accuracy of 2 to 3 meters.
In order not to charge the internal battery I have a permanent charger on the battery of the motorcycle.

I have had the exact same one for about 5 years, bought it for the quad copter.
I’ve never ever got it to work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts