Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a review, just my thoughts..

After reading and watching several YouTube reviews is it the one we all need for the bike?

I’m not so sure it’s at its peak yet, the new hypersmooth stabilisation is much improved from the 5 but a little more than a tad better than the 6, it definitely does not replace a gimbal as a thing of the past as GoPro claims, but then you don’t put a gimbal on a motorbike I guess.

For me I like the new interface, faster frame rates for cool slow motion edits, & the new stabilisation is obviously the killer.
The price is not hiked like the previous version releases

I just might just replace my “Hero3+ black” and stick it on the side of my HJC.

Just Maybe!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was disappointed with the 7 release. It's literally the 6 Black with slightly better stabilization. I want to get one specifically for riding, but since I'm not doing any off-roading I have no need for the "hyper stabilization". If only they could squeeze all the 6 specs into a Hero Session form, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was disappointed with the 7 release. It's literally the 6 Black with slightly better stabilization. I want to get one specifically for riding, but since I'm not doing any off-roading I have no need for the "hyper stabilization". If only they could squeeze all the 6 specs into a Hero Session form, I'd be all over it.
What are you talking about?

I don't have a Hero 7, but from what I saw from YouTube reviews, the difference between 6 and 7 stabilization is night and day.

Hero 6 suck so bad compare to Sony Balanced Optical Stabilization. (Sony X3000 and AS300)

The Hero 6 had this effect of skipping when it comes to sudden direction change or during rough BMX riding, etc.
Whereas Sony was so much better than Gopro in terms of stabilization.

But now the Hero 7 came out, I found the stabilization very comparable to Sony.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What are you talking about?

I don't have a Hero 7, but from what I saw from YouTube reviews, the difference between 6 and 7 stabilization is night and day.

Hero 6 suck so bad compare to Sony Balanced Optical Stabilization. (Sony X3000 and AS300)

The Hero 6 had this effect of skipping when it comes to sudden direction change or during rough BMX riding, etc.
Whereas Sony was so much better than Gopro in terms of stabilization.

But now the Hero 7 came out, I found the stabilization very comparable to Sony.
I don't have the sony nor seen videos from it. I ride mostly on smooth pavement and not any rough surfaces so I'm quite happy with the Hero6 stabilization therefore not worth upgrading to the 7 for my purpose. If I was doing rough BMX riding then sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts