Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So getting rid of the brick. Can’t wait. Seen the auto electrician today and the wiring will be a piece of cake.

The parts will be here by the end of the month and I’ll post a series of pictures as It progresses.

(The lights are the one right of the video)

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
So getting rid of the brick. Can’t wait. Seen the auto electrician today and the wiring will be a piece of cake.

The parts will be here by the end of the month and I’ll post a series of pictures as It progresses.

(The lights are the one right of the video)https://youtu.be/bXiFM2ynXSM
Looks cool Gazza, got links to the website?

Question 1. Are the light colours OK for AUS regulations?

Question 2. Are the mounts compatible with existing stuff on our bikes?

Question 3. Will you have to fit an "LED compatible" flasher relay?

Question 4. Bugger........forgot what I was going to ask.

:wink2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1: yep and the Harley has them - no problems here in QLD
2:mate I’ll tell you once I attempt to put them on
3: I guess the auto electrician will fix that
4: I’m not a mind reader haha

Will definitely keep everyone updated

·
Registered
306 Posts
Designed and built to comply with multi national lighting and compliance regulations, not fashionable trends.

I think they did a good job to come up with a globally acceptable legal solution.

However, I do concede that it is FUGLY!

:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
I would say it's a retro design, but OEM motorcycle lights haven't changed much since the 70's. Except for HD integrating the rear blinks with the brake light - I really like that design.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just want the parts to arrive already.
Got brackets to flip the mirrors also so will see how it all looks on completion..
Will do a before and after pics and contemplating if I should do a time lapse YouTube vid.

Stay tuned !!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
How did you run the wires for turn signals now that they're located in the fender bolts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Right! I didn't notice it :)
@GazzasNewToy can you provide some sort of instructions? How did you wire it? Did you have to drill any extra holes? Did you have any problems putting everything together?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Done it - check it out

This a very clean setup and I love how the blinkers are on the rear fender- how hard was it to wire up the new lights and relocate them to the fender?

I have a new set of lights that I ordered in hopes of doing this same thing when it comes to getting rid of the brick and relocating the other new lights to the fenders- any info or if you have a write up of the install, Id greatly appreciate it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts