Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I didn’t do all this ‘today’ but here’s what I’ve done:

- New exhaust
- Diablo tail (painted to match tank)
- Side mounted plate
- Flipped stock mirrors

I’m still thinking about getting a front cowl/windscreen. Need a ram mount. Also want some fork turn signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks slick. The pipes are soooo fierce looking. How is the rear view through the mirrors in that position?
Thanks man. The view is actually better than before. I can see way more of the road. I’ve only ridden twice with them and it certainly takes some getting used to, but I like it so far. I’ve been wanting to get rid of the lady bug ears for a while. May eventually so bar ends...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Super good looking. Rear fender alone makes such a difference. Btw, I saw the tutorial video and did some research, the diablo fender needs to be wired in by cutting, splicing etc in order for it to work right? Not plug and play? Also how long did it take you to receive the fender?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super good looking. Rear fender alone makes such a difference. Btw, I saw the tutorial video and did some research, the diablo fender needs to be wired in by cutting, splicing etc in order for it to work right? Not plug and play? Also how long did it take you to receive the fender?

Thanks!
Thanks man. The fender wiring was annoying. I cut the wires from the stock fender and spliced them with what comes on the Diablo fenders. Not super difficult, but not super fun either. I will say, if you plan to do the same, leave yourself plenty of room on the stock fenders wires. I cut mine too short and they just barely reach the plugs under the seat.

I received the parts I ordered in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you paint the exhaust? What paint did you use that wont wear off with heat?
The exhaust comes painted. I did wreck it and had to have it repaired, but I’m not sure what they did to paint it the second time. I did do some research and I’ve read some guys use an outdoor high heat paint, like for grills.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great... I myself have the TBR slip-on. On another note, you mind walking me through how you flipped the stock mirrors? Have been desperately trying to find some instructions for it but really struggling. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I didn’t do all this ‘today’ but here’s what I’ve done:

- New exhaust
- Diablo tail (painted to match tank)
- Side mounted plate
- Flipped stock mirrors

I’m still thinking about getting a front cowl/windscreen. Need a ram mount. Also want some fork turn signals.
Where did you get the license plate mount? Thanks..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts