Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just joined and just got my new 500 non ABS black Rebel. Loving it so far! Only issue I have is that the spacing between the footpeg and the gear shifter is a bit small and my riding boot always wants to catch when I'm taking my foot back out. Is there anything special to adjusting that spacing or can I just remove the shifter easily and rotate it a tooth? Thanks for any feedback you have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone. Just joined and just got my new 500 non ABS black Rebel. Loving it so far! Only issue I have is that the spacing between the footpeg and the gear shifter is a bit small and my riding boot always wants to catch when I'm taking my foot back out. Is there anything special to adjusting that spacing or can I just remove the shifter easily and rotate it a tooth? Thanks for any feedback you have.
yeah there are two bolts you can loosen that can adjust the hight of the shifter. It looks like a bar going straight up and down.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Get a 10mm O/E spanner and loosen the two nuts on the tie rod as shown below.

Loosen by turning anti clockwise looking from above for both nuts.

Turn the tie rod ACW to raise the lever, CW to lower it. When you have the position to your liking, secure the nuts by turning CW and tightening.

Make sure that you leave enough thread engaged in the ball joints at either end of the tie rod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That picture is of a rebel 500 I think. My 2017 Rebel 300 non abs doesn't have that 5+inch rod with two nuts to adjust. Mine has just this one bolt that keeps pressure on a kind of c clamp thing that has very tiny indentions for the main rod ( or what looks like it) that the clamp grips two when you want to change gears...meaning you loosen that bolt to loosen that c clamp thing to slide it barely off of the road and reposition it while lifting or lowing the pedal part of the shift lever. I'll upload a picture later. Time for food.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts