Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new rider of about a month here. Was hoping to get introduced into this community on a happier tone, but it is what it is.
Essentially, I wrecked my bike this morning on the highway by side swiping a trailer. Thankfully, I got super lucky and walked away in one piece, but my bike is not quite in the same condition. The left side shift and peg assembly sheered off. The only other damage is a dented gas tank, which sucks but not in need of immediate repair I think, and I need to replace a mirror as well. Pretty lucky I’d say.
I’m sure a mirror is easy enough to replace, but I’m clueless on where to even begin with replacing the shifter assembly. I think I found the individual OEM parts needed on revzilla, but could use some guidance on putting them together. Are there any tutorials I could use that could help me?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Unfortunately, you're on due for shopping; usually cast parts and welding-brazing are no-go... but at lleast, parts are cheap...
It is part eleven on fiche...
And,in the end, you're uninjured and that is all that count, no money could buy you health and parts for our bikes are reasonable priced...
one note to you, maybe, maybe you should go to some riding training...

·
Registered
818 Posts
as Rupert said, importantly you're ok. look online for schematics/diagrams such as Babbitts and you can see exactly what parts go where, and figure out which/all you need

1 - 4 of 4 Posts