Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gear Indicator Display.

Someone had posted a link to a gear indicator display that hooks into the diagnostic plug on a Honda.

Please re-post it because I cannot find it.

Where do I find the Red Diagnostic Plug?

I find myself trying to shift into 7th. & 8th. gear and trying to start out in 2nd. or 3rd. gear.

A gear indicator would really be helpful until I get used to the new motorbike.

Kenny G

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's right Here

Works well,but keep in mind that it only knows the gear you're in when the gear is engaged, and the clutch is out.

It comes complete with the connector end and plenty of cable to reach its destination.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DJ,

If I know what gear I am in before I shift, or when I am downshifting, that gauge will be really helpful.

After I have had the Rebel for a while I probably won't need it, but it will help for now.

Kenny G

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks DJ,

If I know what gear I am in before I shift, or when I am downshifting, that gauge will be really helpful.

After I have had the Rebel for a while I probably won't need it, but it will help for now.

Kenny G
This was my thinking for this and the tach I got.

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
What about the Healtech, Plug & play, no wiring. Although expensive it does work on the Rebel 500 but not been tested on the 300 yet
I emailed them & this is what they said.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lyoko,

Thank you. Thinking of working on a motorbike without a Factory Service Manual is really scary.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Lyoko,

Thank you. Thinking of working on a motorbike without a Factory Service Manual is really scary.

Kenny G
Yeah that's true Kenny.
I have the handbook for the bike, but here in Europe they apparently don't add everything, sertan things are "marked" to be serviced by dealer only.
But that's the beauty of a forum such as this, just ask and the community will answear ^^,

·
Registered
221 Posts
What about the Healtech, Plug & play, no wiring. Although expensive it does work on the Rebel 500 but not been tested on the 300 yet
I emailed them & this is what they said.
By Healtechs standard of "Plug and go", this one is exactly the same. Except 1/2 the price and green readout instead of red.

·
Registered
178 Posts
just curious, does anyone know what the rpm range is actually on these bikes? lol. People by tach's, but do you calibrate it to suit the bike, preset's?, won't you need to know the exact rpm range of the bike before buying one? etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts