·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is what a lot of people have been looking for...but like mentioned above a bit late lol. The idea of it is awesome though, good find, thank you. Did you you order?

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 500
71 Posts
I'm interested but would like a bit more info on the mount that it shows. That looks like two plastic clips with adhesive foam on the back of the unit. Not the quality I was looking for, if that's accurate.

·
Registered
968 Posts
frankly that looks very cheap. and the display is probably not what it looks like in person

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what a lot of people have been looking for...but like mentioned above a bit late lol. The idea of it is awesome though, good find, thank you. Did you you order?
I didn’t because I didn’t need a tach, I’ve just seen several people looking to hook up a tach and gear indicator (those posts could have been from like 2017, I didn’t look lol). Don’t shoot the messenger :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I didn’t because I didn’t need a tach, I’ve just seen several people looking to hook up a tach and gear indicator (those posts could have been from like 2017, I didn’t look lol). Don’t shoot the messenger :)
Lol sorry man didn't mean for it to sound that way! Great find regardless. The only thing keeping me from ordering is how small the rpm reading appears to be...I think on the move would be a little unsafe to focus too much on. The gear reading though, that seems big enough. My idea gear indicator is similar, big enough to read with a quick glance, and has been relatively hassle free. I've learned to shift by sound, but I know for sure there's plenty more rpm in reserve.

I think an rpm indicator would be good to have briefly until you get used to what rpms sound like, then it becomes second nature and you'll likely not even look.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol sorry man didn't mean for it to sound that way! Great find regardless. The only thing keeping me from ordering is how small the rpm reading appears to be...I think on the move would be a little unsafe to focus too much on. The gear reading though, that seems big enough. My idea gear indicator is similar, big enough to read with a quick glance, and has been relatively hassle free. I've learned to shift by sound, but I know for sure there's plenty more rpm in reserve.

I think an rpm indicator would be good to have briefly until you get used to what rpms sound like, then it becomes second nature and you'll likely not even look.
Yeah I wish that Aracer cube g had a gear indicator. I have a small windscreen, I think that unit tucked in above the headlight, between the screen and speedo, would be ideal and not look as out of place on the bike in that location.
My helmet (LS2 full face) has a ton of wind noise, so I started wearing ear plugs. With the stock exhaust I can’t hear anything above like 40mph between the wind and the plugs. Going by feel works, but I VERY often look for 7th gear lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought it on April 2, 2020. It took about 2 months to arrive. It installed and programmed easily.

I mounted it on top of my old gear indicator in case I decide to go back. This is just a lazy personal choice. Plus, it’s new and I’m testing it. The mounting clip it comes with holds tight to the bars. I’ll switch to the official mounting clip eventually.

I never felt the need for a gear indicator or tachometer on my Rebel. For me, this device is just a novelty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts