Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I live in Sydney Australia and I am seriously think about buying a Rebel 500. We only have the 500 ABS here, the 300 and the sans ABS models are not available. I used to ride about 20 years ago but life took me away from it for a long while. Now I'm looking to get back into it.
I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks now, following what you've been chatting about. I'd like to acknowledge the great community you have created, everyone is very helpful and open to discussion about all aspects of the machine we have all chosen to take an interest in.
My purchase of the Rebel is unfortunately contingent on my work situation which hopefully will be sorted in the next few weeks. If it falls favourably then I will be looking to get a bike ASAP after that. In the meantime I am doing as much research as I can ahead of time.
Reading the forums I have several questions to throw at you, I'll address each of these in the appropriate thread. Until then I'll keep lurking and learning.
Keep the rubber side down!
Fletch

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome Fletch,

I'm a bit like you, away from bikes for a number of years and then got a Vespa 300 GTS to scoot around on. It only lasted 18 months before I knew I needed a real bike again.

After looking at a few I settled on the Rebel 500 due to:

Previous Honda experiences.
Proven medium capacity engine.
Simple clean design.
Styling.

Hope your job prospects come in and we see you on the road soon.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim,
It seems we Aussies are well represented here.
My reasons are pretty much the same. I had my eye on a Yamaha Bolt, which I still like, but the thought of getting a new Rebel, albeit smaller, for the price of a used Bolt is more enticing.
My job situation is such that I am in the process of changing work locations. Same employer just transferring. I could end up one of to places, depending on which one comes up will affect if I can get the bike.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys! Been commuting from the Nthn Beaches in Sydney to Surry Hills every day for work on my 3 month old rebel. Great commuter bike, very happy! Takes 50% off my travel time (we can use bus lanes and transit lanes here in Aus) and costs me about A$10 a week in petrol - oh, and its fun. Must organise a Sydney group ride at some point....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You Aussies excited for the upcoming Ashes tour? Summer's ending for us but nice to live vicariously though you folks in the other hemisphere.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Ashes are always big. Both teams seem to have been struggling of late but these tests always bring out the best.

Go the Aussies! :grin2:

Fletch

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go Aussies for sure :smile2:

Reactions: Fletch

·
Registered
18 Posts
G'day Aussie friends,
Cool bike for cool guys in a cool country.
I've travelled a few times, and one of the top places I went was down-under, especially Kangaroo Island ! You really live in a beautiful country. Cruising the Great Ocean Road with the Rebel must be something worth it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm quite a ways from the Great Ocean Road but I can imagine it's a spectacular ride.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It is a great ride you should come down to beautiful Victoria and do it ,Is well worth the trip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello all,
I live in Sydney Australia and I am seriously think about buying a Rebel 500... My purchase of the Rebel is unfortunately contingent on my work situation which hopefully will be sorted in the next few weeks...
Fletch
Well Guys, my work situation has finally sorted itself out and I have managed to secure the transfer I was hoping for. This is great news as I am now able to start seriously looking at getting my Rebel 500. At this stage it will still be several weeks away due to Christmas/New Year but I'm hoping I can finalise something towards the end of January. Then the fun begins making it my own.

Cheering!! :grin2:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well Guys, my work situation has finally sorted itself out and I have managed to secure the transfer I was hoping for. This is great news as I am now able to start seriously looking at getting my Rebel 500. At this stage it will still be several weeks away due to Christmas/New Year but I'm hoping I can finalise something towards the end of January. Then the fun begins making it my own.

Cheering!! :grin2:
Woo Hoo!

Still going for the black?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there any other choice?

I heard tell there were other colours available but why would you bother? :wink2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts