Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of the Ladies and Blokes from Jim in Melbourne Australia.

I just noticed that I'm a "Junior Member". I take that as a great compliment seeing that I'm hitting 70 next month. And that's not 70kph!

I've been riding bikes all my life and the last one before my latest ride was a Vespa GTS 300ie ABS ASR.
It was a great scoot but the pillion was designed for leggy Italian 6 foot super models and as my Darling is "vertically challenged" she couldn't reach the footpegs so I decided to get a bike we could both enjoy.

My main criteria was "form, fit, function" (ex-military will recognise this approach).

Throw in secondary requirements of reputational reliability, aesthetics, brag factor etc and it was easy to settle on the CMX500 after considering about five other shortlisted bikes.

So I now have a matte grey CMX500 in place of my scoot and couldn't be happier with the result.

Me?

As I said, I'm approaching one of our local speed limits :wink2:.
I spent 28 years in the military (RAN/RAAF) and then worked for a major defence company for another 21 years until the "adminisphere" became intolerable so I pulled the pin and am now happily retired.
At last count I've owned about 15 bikes, smallest being a 175 dirt bike and the biggest a BMW RT100 (ex-police interceptor BMWK100TIC).

I enjoy being a house husband and catering for my Darlin, when I'm not slaving away I have an interest in cars and bikes and my garage/workshop. My primary hobby is watch collecting and watchmaking.
Relaxation is usually classical music, good single malt scotch and beer on a hot day.

Anyway, that's enough for an intro, I'm sure I'll have more to say as I get the feel of the forum.

Cheers

Jim

PS: Photo loading doesn't seem to be working so that'll have to wait until I figure it out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jim, Welcome to the forum, thanks for your service and enjoy that ride!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim. Hope driving conditions at the moment are getting better down there as winter changes to spring. I have a couple of good friends in one of Melb's suburbs and am always happy to meet and greet Aussies when I have the chance :)

Good to have you with us mate and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see people not lose a step in their life. Hope you keep riding for a while yet.

P.S., I still must cheer against your Aussies when I watch cricket. Just something I have to do.

Ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts