Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. Painted the stock gas cap. That grey was killing me. I had a can of black gloss sitting in the shed so I went for it. Removed the cap no problem, cleaned the surface good, taped the key hole, removed the rubber grommet from around the key hole and sprayed it last night. Picked up a set of red anodized screws for the cap on eBay and put it back on this afternoon. Pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had a can of rustoleum gloss black sitting in the shed matches perfect I was pleasantly surprised when I put the cap back on.
Be very careful when you put gas in. As soon as gas drips on it it's going to bubble/melt/dissolve. Rustoleum does not hold up to gas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a can of rustoleum gloss black sitting in the shed matches perfect I was pleasantly surprised when I put the cap back on.
Be very careful when you put gas in. As soon as gas drips on it it's going to bubble/melt/dissolve. Rustoleum does not hold up to gas.
I have already though that and have been carefully filling it’s only a matter of time though if/when that does happen I won’t be mad I’ll just strip and respray the cap. Thought about buying some duracoat but I was to cheap maybe next time I’ll use that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts