Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my Rebel! I'm having a blast making it my own! I haven't done a whole lot yet but I like the look I have so far.
Things I've done:

1. Changed the stock mirrors to Kuryakyn mirrors. I'm not really a fan of the flipped mirrors thing. So I went this route. They give me a much better range of vision than the stock ones.

2. Installed the Diablo double exhaust slip on. I really like the way this looks plus it sounds so much better than the sewing machine sound you got from the stock exhaust.

3. Installed crash bars. I found these on Ebay and really liked the leather pouches they had on them. Very easy install.

4. Installed the Honda 1" handlebar riders. I feel this gives me a much comfier riding position.

5. Front fork bag that I got from my local motorcycle shop.

6. Willy and Max swing arm bag from Revzilla

7. Helmet lock installed on the frame just behind the seat.

8. Put shorty adjustable levers on. Might change these out for long ones. Not sure if I like the shorty ones or not yet. They are just the cheapo ones from Ebay.

9. Lastly, played around with some plastidip. I really like how the back fender looks. Although unfortunately I nicked the paint when I was putting the fender back on and when I went for a ride on the freeway air hot underneath and peeled it off on one side so gonna have to redo that. Probably going to do the tank too. Just gotta have some time.

That's it so far. I'm sure I'll find other things to do as time goes by. Thanks for looking. I'm really loving this bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just installed my highway pegs. I haven't tried them out yet, don't have much time for a ride yet. I'll post a review as soon as I can. I do like the look though. Sorry the pics are turned the wrong way. Not sure how to fix that.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went for a ride to try out the pegs. Unfortunately they sit just a tad too high to be comfortable and there's no way to place them lower on the crash bars. I decided to remove them. Oh well, it was worth a try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wrapped the tank and rear fender. First time doing anything with vinyl so there are a couple of small imperfections. Overall though, I'm really happy how it came out. I think I've almost got her where I want her. Might get a corbin seat one day or a new taillight. 20180925_182949_1537946083433.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Captain
Did you use knifeless tape for straight line edges or a knife to cut the vinyl?

Although I don’t as yet have any plans to wrap bikes or cars, I do watch all of CK wraps youtube vids, this guy is a real pro, I’ve learned a fair bit already from his tutorials.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used knifeless tape. And then used pinstriping vinyl over the edges. It was actually a lot easier to do than I expected. Although I did watch a lot of YouTube also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts