Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could/had to repaint/vinyl your fuel tank, what color scheme would you go for?

I attempted to vinyl wrap my tank in gloss black but the curves proved too much for a rookie like me. Now I'm just pondering on different color schemes for a 3 piece wrap. It has the lines for it. I just don't know what colors I would do (aside from a 3 piece solid one color wrap).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those would look sick as the bike look is classic as is sporty I guess Im not sure im saying this right but the bike has a mixed look and scheme of paint would look so cool.
I agree. My plan is to put vinyl white stripes down the middle to match up to my Bell Qualifier:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to go for a slight blue accent color. Maybe the flat spots on the side of the tank blue with the rest of the tank and fenders matte black? I would probably paint the calipers a matching blue as well. I resprayed my rear fender with plastidip yesterday and although it looks good, it's kinda hard to wipe since it's rubber. I wrapped it in vinyl but I didn't do a good job because once it was out in the sun, the edges started pulling back.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If I'd been able to order my bike custom, I'd still do the black, but with either a single or double hi-viz yellow stripe running down the center of the fenders and tank.

Maybe even yellow for the frame tubing and wheels as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I'd been able to order my bike custom, I'd still do the black, but with either a single or double hi-viz yellow stripe running down the center of the fenders and tank.

Maybe even yellow for the frame tubing and wheels as well.
Buying a brand new black tank and fender would be cheaper/around the cost of gettign it profesionally wrapped or painted. You could also sell your old tank to offset the cost of the new tank and adding a hi viz stripe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree. My plan is to put vinyl white stripes down the middle to match up to my Bell Qualifier:

I wish I could do that but in portugal the rules are really strict and I have to pay a lot to put the new color or any mod on the bikes documents other wise fines are really heavy.

In the pics is what I would do to mine if I could plus a full exhaust system that look like the harleys one double, and i would put the white stipe in both wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wish I could do that but in portugal the rules are really strict and I have to pay a lot to put the new color or any mod on the bikes documents other wise fines are really heavy.

In the pics is what I would do to mine if I could plus a full exhaust system that look like the harleys one double, and i would put the white stipe in both wheels.
my ocd cringes at the one white wall tire hahaha otherwise that is sick as ****!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always find it interesting that, as in the three pics above, these guys spend so much time, money and effort modding their bikes into something special and yet keep the stock Dunlops...
Unless I can find someone who won't take advantage of me and pay near list price for them, I usually keep my stock tires on all my vehicles and then they're the first thing to go when they wear out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts