Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

For the guys who have to set their rebel asside for winter. Do you use a Stabiliser?

If my rebel is only used once a month at the moment or at worst case for maybe 2 months, is it worth me adding a fuel Stabiliser?

Thanks in advance

Locky

·
Registered
250 Posts
Add stabilizer and fill the tank, hookup a battery trickle charger and let it sit for the winter worry-free.

Hi all

For the guys who have to set their rebel asside for winter. Do you use a Stabiliser?

If my rebel is only used once a month at the moment or at worst case for maybe 2 months, is it worth me adding a fuel Stabiliser?

Thanks in advance

Locky

·
Registered
137 Posts
It Wont hurt anything, and it should keep your fuel system looking like new, even at a month or two.

Use Seafoam year round to keep engines running clean and then in the winter for storage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I'll fill the tank up Tomorrow and add some. I take the battery off this year and keep it in doors. Save killing it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea I always take the battery inside as well.
Here it gets to -20°F and colder so I feel better not exposing my battery to those extremes when not being used, even if a tender is hooked to it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I always take the battery inside as well.
Here it gets to -20°F and colder so I feel better not exposing my battery to those extremes when not being used, even if a tender is hooked to it.
Bloody ****, it gets proper cold where you are doesn't it lol. At worst the coldest I remember which was last year was -9c

If it's inside do you still hook a tender up to it, or just pop it in charge once a month to check it's ok?

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can just hook a tender to it the entire time its inside.
I usually hook it up for about a week and then leave it off a week or two.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can just hook a tender to it the entire time its inside.
I usually hook it up for about a week and then leave it off a week or two.

This! I did this for ten years now, and in this period didn't have to buy a single battery! Even with my Yamaha Virago 250 which I bought with weak battery which worked pretty well all five years of my ownership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts