Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just rode from Grande Prairie Alberta to Calgary Alberta to Saskatoon Saskatchewan. I didnt enter the last two fuel stops, but this seems to be consistent fuel economy and the only real variables seems to be wind and hills.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fuel consumption on a 2020 CMX500ABS. 600 miles on clock. Terrain: mixed-urban-rural. Lots of hills and twisting curves. Ambient temperature 16.0c. No extra luggage. 58.0 kg rider.

87.7 mpg average. Best 91.mpg

·
Registered
451 Posts
Fuel consumption on a 2020 CMX500ABS. 600 miles on clock. Terrain: mixed-urban-rural. Lots of hills and twisting curves. Ambient temperature 16.0c. No extra luggage. 58.0 kg rider.

View attachment 32990

View attachment 32990
There's this little thing on the right side of the handlebar, actually integrated into the grip called the throttle tube. You're supposed to continuously twist it toward you to feed fuel to the engine! Sustain a 110 k/mh ride and get back with us on real world fuel consumption.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Peak District - much loved by motorcyclists from across Europe - is the ‘real world’ hence mixed urban-rural. Speed limit is 50mph on most roads except for villages and small towns which vary between 20mph and 30mph. Not that you would have a clue as to where the Peak District is let alone having ever been on any of the roads - some of which are treacherous - or admired the magnificent scenery.

Maybe it is time for you to remove your big red nose and big floppy shoes.

We don’t do k/mh whatever they are?! No such thing as a ‘throttle tube’. A throttle yes, but a tube?! A tube is what they put Smarties in!

Thank goodness for the ignore button. And away he goes forever. Amen!

👏

·
Registered
451 Posts
The Peak District - much loved by motorcyclists from across Europe - is the ‘real world’ hence mixed urban-rural. Speed limit is 50mph on most roads except for villages and small towns which vary between 20mph and 30mph. Not that you would have a clue as to where the Peak District is let alone having ever been on any of the roads - some of which are treacherous - or admired the magnificent scenery.

Maybe it is time for you to remove your big red nose and big floppy shoes.

We don’t do k/mh whatever they are?! No such thing as a ‘throttle tube’. A throttle yes, but a tube?! A tube is what they put Smarties in!

Thank goodness for the ignore button. And away he goes forever. Amen!

👏
Thanks Snooty, Love your version of flattery. You're right I don't speak your metric language I should have kept it simple, km/h is that better? Sorry for the imperfections, I know it must be hard for someone of your bloodline to comprehend (understand). "Throttle Tube" again I apologize for being a bit too technical for you: It's the piece inside the throttle grip that actually allows the twisting motion, no kidding look it up! really, Google it. See, my bad for giving you too much credit on how things work. By the way where do you shop for helmets? It must be difficult to find one for that big head of yours. I'll also apologize to the rest of the board as well because I typically do not post negatively about people but you just have this certain stench about your posts that brings out the worst. As if the UK has the only beautiful scenery to admire while riding, whose the one wearing the floppy shoes now? Stay safe over there and always remember to pretend to be better than you really are!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Signs common across the Peak District Of Derbyshire especially on the many dangerous Real World roads where too many motorcyclists have lost their life by riding too fast.

·
Registered
451 Posts
So you have dumbshits over there as well. I didn't say ride "TOO FAST" for the conditions, but you interpret it any way you like. My state alone is just about double the size of the entire UK and has about every type of riding imaginable. Real World conditions means out of your bubble where 95% of the rest of us reside. If you choose to leisurely meander rural roadways then good for you but don't mistake that for the average.

·
Registered
in progress
27 Posts
I seem to be avg around 58 mpg lately with mix of highway and city, which is pretty disappointing from their advertised 70 mpg... Oh well. Maybe I'm riding it too fast ��
Maybe the US gallon 20% smaller than Imperial gallon? 20 fl oz in Imperial pint, 16 fl oz in US

·
Registered
507 Posts
@Sooty's consumption (3,2litres per 100km in our climates😁, anyhow) well represents mine, riding with traffic flow, not too fast and even not lugging. But if I ride with wifey, even can ge through as low as 2,7litres per 100kms, and only difference- not being so hard on acceleration...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just passed 10,000 miles with 90 miles per Imperial gallon average.

Not real world fuel consumption unfortunately, just riding to posted rural speed limits (maximum 60mph, although generally lower) when safe to do so and avoiding motorways and dual carriageways like the convids.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts