Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 2021 Rebel 500 bought from the dealer. Has now only about 150 miles on it. Have noticed a high pitched squeak - squeak - squeak that only occurs at very low straight-line speeds or in practicing tight turns. Also seems very inconsistent, as sometimes it goes away altogether. No sound occurs when brakes are applied, or when the clutch is pulled in. Have heard that perhaps it’s just the brakes wearing in, but thought to check with you all.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Have this problem with rear, now if you are familiar with wrenches, take it apart , clean and regrease pins with proper grease. Mine dealer at the time was of no help, just blows brakes with compressed air. Or take bike to mechanic who knows his ****...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have a new 2021 Rebel 500 bought from the dealer. Has now only about 150 miles on it. Have noticed a high pitched squeak - squeak - squeak that only occurs at very low straight-line speeds or in practicing tight turns. Also seems very inconsistent, as sometimes it goes away altogether. No sound occurs when brakes are applied, or when the clutch is pulled in. Have heard that perhaps it’s just the brakes wearing in, but thought to check with you all.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.
I had the same problem, squeak from front wheel that would go away with even slight pressure on brake lever. After reading post here I hoped it was just brake dust.
Good news, it must have been. All I did to get rid of it was clean the front disk with spray brake cleaner and a rag both sides, then move the bike forward a little to get the part that was in the caliper. After that I also shot a little spray in the front of the caliper on each side. So far that solved the problem. I did not disassemble anything, just a spray can and rag on the disk and spay the caliper a little. I also have a 2021 rebel 500 with 1425 miles on it. I am averaging about 200 miles per week. Traded in a 1300 touring bike and I love this 500. So much more fun to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts