Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Front Brake Line.

11K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Jayman 
#1 ·
So I took off my handlebars last night to see how much slack I had in the control cables etc so I could order some bar risers ( I need about an inch ) but there is NO way the front brake line will go that far ( I inched it up through that grommet/brace thing as far as it will go ) and I don't see anything other than the crimp connection to that manifold thing under the tank, in other words, I don't see a place where I could add an extension to the brake line.
What can I do?

#3 ·
I had the same issue while upgrading handlebars. The ABS version is clearly different and there is no - rerouting choice. An extension or whole new line will be your only option. The bars I ordered came with the extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I had the same issue while upgrading handlebars. The ABS version is clearly different and there is no - rerouting choice. An extension or whole new line will be your only option. The bars I ordered came with the extension.

Did you have any issues with this extension jayman? I was thinking of getting there bars but not sure of the brake line extension is dodgy or not?

#5 ·
Just my opinion, but I would swap out the brake line for a longer one. You can get a braided line from Galfer for around 50 bucks, and it also improves the braking power since it doesn't expand like a stock line will. Either way, you're going to have to disconnect the brake line and bleed the brakes, may as well go to a solid line instead of splicing in an extension. More joints=More seals=more places where it can leak in the future.

-CG

#6 ·
Just my opinion, but I would swap out the brake line for a longer one. You can get a braided line from Galfer for around 50 bucks, and it also improves the braking power since it doesn't expand like a stock line will. Either way, you're going to have to disconnect the brake line and bleed the brakes, may as well go to a solid line instead of splicing in an extension. More joints=More seals=more places where it can leak in the future.

-CG

I would have to agree, I only used the extension cause the bars came with it.

#8 ·
So I took off my handlebars last night to see how much slack I had in the control cables etc so I could order some bar risers ( I need about an inch ) but there is NO way the front brake line will go that far ( I inched it up through that grommet/brace thing as far as it will go ) and I don't see anything other than the crimp connection to that manifold thing under the tank, in other words, I don't see a place where I could add an extension to the brake line.
What can I do?

Please share the link for this brake line extension kit and handlebars.

#11 ·
I think because I don't see in the manual , other parts than ABS pipes.
Under this connector , it's the pipe (Brake Pipe A) that goes to the ABS modulator.

And it seems to0 easy :grin2::grin2:
I have no enought experience to be categorical. I have to find a shop or a mechanic to discuss this part.
My first question, if it's just a connector why is it rectangular ? Maybe it's just a fixation ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.