Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Honda rebel 300 abs. I need to get a longer front brake cable installed. No shop ive spoken to, knows how to do this (they claim) please can anyone help? Im putting handlebars with 9" rise and the brake cable is too short. Please help

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 2019 Honda rebel 300 abs. I need to get a longer front brake cable installed. No shop ive spoken to, knows how to do this (they claim) please can anyone help? Im putting handlebars with 9" rise and the brake cable is too short. Please help
I just ordered this front brake line for my 300 non abs with the chump 8" handlebars.

Didn't like the multi fitting kit that came with the bars, couldn't get it to bleed properly, either leaked or sucked air.

It may not fit your abs 300, abs has special manifold for brakes, that is why I got non abs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8FKRB8/?coliid=IG7DNNWXZ7XEM&colid=3DKDKDRT10YT0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered this front brake line for my 300 non abs with the chump 8" handlebars.

Didn't like the multi fitting kit that came with the bars, couldn't get it to bleed properly, either leaked or sucked air.

It may not fit your abs 300, abs has special manifold for brakes, that is why I got non abs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8FKRB8/?coliid=IG7DNNWXZ7XEM&colid=3DKDKDRT10YT0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Thank you. What kind of manifold?

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about another Honda with stock abs with a stock longer line? Example: the grom 125 has abs and higher handlebars, could this be swapped over? Or perhaps from a bigger honda with abs?

·
Registered
161 Posts
The short brake line extension in this pic is what we need. I google for brake extensions but never find a short one like this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The short brake line extension in this pic is what we need. I google for brake extensions but never find a short one like this.

What about something like this Kaptor: https://www.helibars.com/products/Hydraulic-Line-Extension-%2d-5-1{47}8-inch-(13cm)-length/618.html (They even tell you how to add it on in the description :laugh: ) I'd assume if you search for a specific size, like 8 inch, or 6 inch you'd have better luck finding something that would work rather than say a general search for a "short" brake line.

·
Registered
161 Posts
$40 bucks seems a little steep but ordered it anyway, thanks.
Looks like it may have it's own bleeder?
We'll see, it's not like I'll be buying lots of them :grin2:.
Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
$40 bucks seems a little steep bit ordered it anyway, thanks.
Thanks.
Well I hope it works for you! It seems like everything on this bike ends up nickel and diming us, so what's another $40, right? :grin2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I hope it works for you! It seems like everything on this bike ends up nickel and diming us, so what's another $40, right? :grin2:
Pretty much, yeah lol.

My wish list:
A MUCH larger fuel tank.
Two more inches of suspension front and back.
Bars higher and backer ( lol ).
Something under the motor to make it easier to jack up for service.
A locked place for tools.
And a flame thrower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$40 bucks seems a little steep bit ordered it anyway, thanks.
Thanks.

Did the Helibar extension work? I am in the same boat with a 6" set of bars. Looking for a solution.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did the Helibar extension work? I am in the same boat with a 6" set of bars. Looking for a solution.
Yeah it works absolutely fine and it DOES have it's own bleeder. I paired it up with the cheapo riser kit from Revzilla but have not really ridden in yet due to weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah it works absolutely fine and it DOES have it's own bleeder. I paired it up with the cheapo riser kit from Revzilla but have not really ridden in yet due to weather.

Thanks Kaptor. That is great news. Actually a pretty cost effective fix. All the other cables were ok? I am on the 500 abs. But They should be pretty much the same. Hoping if you did a 9" rise. Then my six, should be no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts