Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum- I’ve found a little custom shop online - in Thailand.. who build forward controls. They have quoted me aud$600 delivered to Australia. Anyone heard of a more legit solution?
I’m tall and need more room!

·
Registered
712 Posts
So the install of the DPM forward controls seemed a bit more involved than I was comfortable with, so I made an appointment at the dealer to have them installed.

Appointment is Friday morning, but I dropped the bike off just a few minutes ago because it's supposed to rain Thursday and Friday... figured I'd save myself at least one trip in the rain lol.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Finally got around to taking some pics of the results.

I gotta say, riding comfort is drastically improved... my legs are no longer cramped with the mid controls, it's a much more relaxed riding posture, and the giant cover on the right side that interferes with your leg position is no longer an issue.

Well worth the money!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Any chance of getting a pic with someone on the bike? Really curious to see how the leg position changed. Could be a game changer for this bike, leg position and seat are the only things holding me back from viewing this a long term keeper.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Any chance of getting a pic with someone on the bike? Really curious to see how the leg position changed. Could be a game changer for this bike, leg position and seat are the only things holding me back from viewing this a long term keeper.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Will do, but I'm out of town for the weekend.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm curious how you feel about these forward controls now that you've had some time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well worth the money, in my opinion.

I never did post more pics, but someone else beat me to it in another thread.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good to know. I sat on a Vulcan s with forward controls and thought they were swell. If I could get this bike comfortable enough I just might keep it for a long time. I might place an order for that and a seat soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
The package was complete. Plug and play. No new hoses needed.

If you decide to put this set on a 300. They don't make the kit for 300's, because they don't have 300's in Italy, where the kit is made.

You will need to remove shift linkage, cut the linkage from the shift arm that connects to motor trans shaft and connect adjustable arm from kit to there.

Seems difficult reading it but it's not, real easy.

The brake side is the same as the 500, plug and play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$420 USD is a bit ridiculous for just forward foot controls though isn't it? Or am I just that new to the moto world and that's a decent price for something like this?

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
the cool things about the jonos cruiser customs ones is that you can install any harley footpegs, and options are limitless with those footpegs. I want to get a set but i really want them to work with the belly fairings. I'm not sure how to go about it i could possibly cut a hole through it so the connecting bar could work but idk about integrity of the plastic already. any thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got the deprettomoto ones installed today. First impression was that the pedal levers were too up. Luckily they had some screws to lower them, they had to max lower them to feel ok. As they were you really had to bend you ankle up all the way to shift.

It's a bit strage in the beginning, especially when you wan to put feet on them, cause you look them first where they were.

I need to bike some more to get a better feel. I'm 1.82.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

Just wanted to add that I purchased the DPM forward controls for my CMX500 2019 model and they are brilliant. Completely changed my riding position and absolutely love getting out and about now. I did try and install them myself but ended up having a mechanic look at it because I couldn't get the rod tension right for the gears. If anyone wants any pictures just let me know and i'll upload.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts