Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a custom forward control kit have anyone done this before other than the 17cm lengt that are premade? I dont Think the 17cm is enough to get that cruiser ride ? This is my forst try up but need some inspiration if anyone have one? Dont mind the lack of finish this is only to find the Best length for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
There are some custom made in thailand that I've seen/posted before, that seems to be up your alley. But I believe by your picture that yours may be slightly more forwards than those I've seen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i already seen the one from Thailand they are not made to fit With the belly front mounted and not as long to the front they are all 17cm +-

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had screenshot these from the indra video when i was trying to figure something out. I end up purchasing the tc bros Yamaha kit cause it looked similiar to the engine mounts on the rebel. After work im going to work on mounting them.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had screenshot these from the indra video when i was trying to figure something out. I end up purchasing the tc bros Yamaha kit cause it looked similiar to the engine mounts on the rebel. After work im going to work on mounting them.

Also where i got my inspiration from i just Think the 17cm they all make Them, isnt enough im 183cm and long legs 🤣

·
Registered
814 Posts
Also where i got my inspiration from i just Think the 17cm they all make Them, isnt enough im 183cm and long legs 🤣

Yours look crazy long. Are they going to cause a problem with being able to turn the wheel. From that pic it look like the shifter would be out well past the wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it wont be any problem withthe wheel but on this picture its still testing its been moved back a bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im working on a custom forward control kit have anyone done this before other than the 17cm lengt that are premade? I dont Think the 17cm is enough to get that cruiser ride ? This is my forst try up but need some inspiration if anyone have one? Dont mind the lack of finish this is only to find the Best length for me.

Just curious how you will create the pivot for the shift and where youll have it pivot from

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I finished my forward controls and they work great. I love the feel of them too. All be it not as firm as a shift as before. It is much softer now but i love it! I even made spare rods with threaded rod from home depot and heim joints from summit racing. I can upload pics if you want.

·
Super Moderator
1,119 Posts
So I finished my forward controls and they work great. I love the feel of them too. All be it not as firm as a shift as before. It is much softer now but i love it! I even made spare rods with threaded rod from home depot and heim joints from summit racing. I can upload pics if you want.
of course we want pics - silly question

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would like to have more leg room and reduce the amount of bend in my knee (I am 6' mostly in my legs). Would moving these forward help my situation? Or are these kits intended to be better ergonomics for shorter riders?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think it may help you. I hung the back of my heels over the shifter and brake pedal to get a feel of what it would be like. It did make the riders position much more relaxing for me. I ordered a kit because I can’t really make my own and am hopeful it will be my solution.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think it may help you. I hung the back of my heels over the shifter and brake pedal to get a feel of what it would be like. It did make the riders position much more relaxing for me. I ordered a kit because I can’t really make my own and am hopeful it will be my solution.
Please keep me posted. I'd like to hear how others looking for more legroom find it useful before I order a set.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts