Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
This pretty much sums up my reply to this.. whatever
You must be fun at parties. I'm sorry that you can't understand the concept that people may ride differently when exposed to power levels that they really don't need but not being able to understand it doesn't make it rambling, incoherent thought. Let me guess, you've never owned a liter bike? Have you even ridden one?

·
Banned
247 Posts
Again, holy crap!
Well, I have a few speeding tickets in my past that are about to drop off which will help the insurance a bit. And as for the MSF course, well I could have saved $60 but would have had to drive over an hour each way to attend, so the course that's 10 minutes from my house was worth the extra $60 for me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well, I have a few speeding tickets in my past that are about to drop off which will help the insurance a bit. And as for the MSF course, well I could have saved $60 but would have had to drive over an hour each way to attend, so the course that's 10 minutes from my house was worth the extra $60 for me.
Wow. The MSF course here in Illinois is $20... and technically it's a "donation" to reserve your spot in class when you sign up. You can get a refund at the end of the class if you're a cheapskate lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow. The MSF course here in Illinois is $20... and technically it's a "donation" to reserve your spot in class when you sign up. You can get a refund at the end of the class if you're a cheapskate lol
I'm in Illinois too, but ended up paying $350 for my MSF Course. The $20 course offered through the state usually fills up in seconds. I tried two years in a row and didn't get a spot, so bit the bullet and just paid for the course elsewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The IBT (Initial Bike Test) will set you back €550 (giver or take €50) here in Ireland, and its mandatory, no way around it.

Cheers,
sombaht

·
Registered
88 Posts
My comment was in no way related to your subject matter, simply that your way of communicating made absolutely no sense. And yes, it was rambling and it was in no way a coherent thought.

Also I have to point out your fundamentally flawed comparison attempt of having a Rebel 300 vs 500 and somehow you want to try and act like a big boy and throw out riding or owning a liter bike. Which I'll point out again is nothing but you rambling in a vein attempt to somehow be 'right' or 'important', of which, you've failed at both attempts.

P.S.
For the record, I'm a blast at parties, mostly because I give wannabe's like yourself a nice slice of humble pie!
I guess you're right, someone wouldn't understand my message if they didn't have at least a few seasons of riding under their belt. What is incoherent to you makes sense to those that have more experience. No harm, no foul.

And no, I'm not trying to 'act like a big boy and throw out riding or owning a liter bike'. Like I explained above, there's an entirely different thought process and approach to riding bikes with ridiculously powerful engines. If you would have answered my questions with a simple 'no' then I would have understood why you seem to be continuously missing the point of my posts.

If you slow down for just a few seconds and think about it, why would I be here on this forum if my whole existence was substantiated by owning a liter bike? Wouldn't just being here be a dangerous wound to my precious ego? Or am I here to prop myself up by putting others down in the same way a person with average limbs makes themselves feel better by dropping into the VA hospital and making fun of the amputee veterans.

If you shelve your ego long enough to try and read these posts without so much emotion then you'll realize that my elitist comment is towards Lyoko, who seems to think that the Rebel series hinges on the 500 that was introduced a couple of years ago as opposed to the previous 30 years worth of Rebel 250. They didn't start with the 500 and work down, lol, they started with the 250 and worked up.

Good luck learning; rubber side down.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I took the MSF course back in '91 so hardly remember the price :surprise: i think the certificate is still laying around here somewhere too.
but it was very informative and back then (as opposed to now) you could take it at the DMV and afterwards immediately take your state license riding exam. from a new rider i was talking to, you have to take the class elsewhere now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Look, I'll be blunt since I'm bored with your shtick:
A: You are so interested in having an argument you didn't even bother to look at the posts to realize I'm not even the person you were having your argument with. And judging by your comment about Lyoko you seem to have added thoughts he never expressed, maybe read the words and not add your own subtext to the comments.
B: Up until your most recent post many of your posts made little to no sense even after reading it multiple times, it reminded me of someone drunk texting. Making sense to you and making sense to other are different things.
C:My ego is just fine, you're the one that has made several very aggressive posts and others have confirmed that I'm not the only one that feels that they were aggressive. So maybe slow your roll and talk to people with respect and not try and jump into an argument. There are many people here from many countries and really until you have had zero negative interactions with anyone on this forum.
Maybe your intent is just to get the thread locked, idk. I already promised the mods to drop the discussion so again, good luck with your test.

"You start the game with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience. The objective is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck."

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
If you shelve your ego long enough to try and read these posts without so much emotion then you'll realize that my elitist comment is towards Lyoko, who seems to think that the Rebel series hinges on the 500 that was introduced a couple of years ago as opposed to the previous 30 years worth of Rebel 250. They didn't start with the 500 and work down, lol, they started with the 250 and worked up.
Well thank you then, for taking me for a fool here :smile2:
But the whole 250 Rebels doesn't even matter, as this relaunched Rebel series doesn't really have anything in comparison with the old Rebel bikes. And it is a fact that the 2017 Honda Rebel was made to be a 500, and they did at the last minute decide to launch it as a 300 option as well.
Don't believe me? Go do your homework then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well thank you then, for taking me for a fool here :smile2:
But the whole 250 Rebels doesn't even matter, as this relaunched Rebel series doesn't really have anything in comparison with the old Rebel bikes. And it is a fact that the 2017 Honda Rebel was made to be a 500, and they did at the last minute decide to launch it as a 300 option as well.
Don't believe me? Go do your homework then.
I would definitely be interested in learning how the 300 was a last minute addition, but nothing that I've read seems to even hint at that-all I have seen is that they launched together. Feel free to post some links and I'll check them out.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts