Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salutations all,

I'm getting ready to to install some fork boots the hard way, and was wondering if anyone had written a fork removal write-up already? I've searched the forum and come up with nothing, so if no one else has written one I shall be the first. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Being hardcore on doing things the right way and avoiding cutting corners myself, I debated installing my fork boots the hard way. As a car guy not too familiar with working on motorcycles, i opted to do the cut and superglue method and it came out fantastic!

I thought about the risks of not reassembling things properly and messing up my fork alignment and possibly having wobble/shimmy issues at certain speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya, and understand your reservations. I've been doing research and ensuring proper alignment doesn't seem incredibly difficult.
I'll be coming up with some solutions to ensure it comes out right the first time. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's been a while and it turns out I done goofed... Ordered the wrong size fork gaiters. However I have removed one of the forks and found it quite simple if not tedious. This is where I'm at until I order new ones. I will post some new threads once the process is finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used the ones from Steady Garage, and am very pleased with the results! Mine are right rubbery, they look and work great! A1 quality!

I dropped the fork legs, there is no way you can mess up the alignment of anything. It took me twenty minutes, start to finish, piece of cake!

And as my Amigo Kenney G said, no way water can get in like it can if you slit them. It is just not a big deal to drop the legs!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts