Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and installed a windshield on my Rebel 1100, but I still get a fair amount of wind coming in from the sides by the tank and under the grips. I can't find a set of fork mounted deflectors to fit the large forks, almost 2 inches in diameter, 14 cm circumference. Any suggestions? Thanks.

· Registered
1,309 Posts
If it was me, I would go to Home Depot, get a sheet of plexi glass or other clear plastic, 4 large pipe hold down clamps and make a pair. I have tools to cut and drill plastic.

You could try a Harley Shop as they make different models. Maybe look on eBay or Amazon. Some windshield companies also sell them as accessoried.

It has been raining so much her is CA that I have not gotten to ride much this winter. The last time I was out I noticed the same thing about the wind coming in from the side. Not a problem in summer but would be nice to minimize it during winter. If I make something I will write it up in detail on here.

Happy hunting.

· Registered
2020 Rebel 500
373 Posts
Memphis Shades makes good stuff.
And fork deflectors make a real difference with the under-air coming up causing buffeting.
Never an issue for me on the 500 but have used them on other bikes.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I have found some of these in my searches, but they either don't fit the forks or are out of stock. I'll call Memphis S. For actual dimensions or possibly make a set as you have suggested. Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
CMX1100
5 Posts
Just searched for leg shields and these popped up as I said they are around 60 years old stamped 1963 probably off an old Triumph guy said they had never been fitted as far as he knew

· Registered
36 Posts
A member of the 1st & 2nd generation forum made these if you need an idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts