Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can definitely confirm Pinlock visors are awesome and work amazing. If your helmet has a pinlock visor available it's worth every penny. You really don't notice the pins when you're not using the insert and I've never seen fog when I am using it.

The chin curtain piece helped keep me warm but it seemed to make fogging worse since it kept my breath more inside the helmet so I left it out and use a bandana if I need the warmth on my neck/chin. The breath guard (piece by your nose) definitely helps keep your breath off the inside of visor. If your helmet has a setting to keep the visor cracked a hair open that made the biggest difference in keeping it from fogging. My old Shoei had a little lever on the side that cracked the visor open a touch and I pretty much always had to have it open to keep from fogging. My current Shoei doesn't but the airflow is better so I just use the breathguard and I don't really have problems.

·
Registered
176 Posts
As others have said, the Pinlock system works wonder. Best to have a separate visor leaving the pinlock system "permanently" on since taking it off and on is a PITA.

·
Registered
779 Posts
have you tried leaving the vent closest to your mouth open? or what about cracking the visor open just a slight amount?
Lastly, this sounds dumb, but it does work, when you breath out, pull your lower lip inwards and exhale downwards against your chin

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
have you tried leaving the vent closest to your mouth open? or what about cracking the visor open just a slight amount?
Lastly, this sounds dumb, but it does work, when you breath out, pull your lower lip inwards and exhale downwards against your chin
I fear we could all end up looking like Bart..

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
hahaha I do that too all the time. It does actually work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Breathing down only works if the temperature and humidity differential isn't that great between inside the helmet and outside.
If it's cold and humid enough outside, it doesn't matter how you breath or whether you installed a breath deflector or not.
Opening the helmet vents only works when you're moving
Antifog works for like a day and gets tedious to do everyday

Here's my idea...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Breathing down only works if the temperature and humidity differential isn't that great between inside the helmet and outside.
If it's cold and humid enough outside, it doesn't matter how you breath or whether you installed a breath deflector or not.

Here's my idea...
Right now we are about 10-15c with 50-75% humidity

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’ve left my vents open with no help, I’ve had to ride with my visor cracked a 1/4inch and the wind noise is brutal

·
Registered
167 Posts

Here's my idea...

Hey Ryan, closet fetishists all around the globe are cheering that you've found a more mainstream use for their gimp masks...

:wink2::laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree that pinlock works well to prevent fogging. My only complaint with pinlock is that if I'm using it at night on the highway, the light from the headlights of oncoming cars is refracted in a way that is distracting. If fogging wasn't a problem, I would much prefer a standard visor at night time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just FYI Pinlock system is actually illegal for night use (as egraham pointed out by the glare ^^^), at least in California since it reduces light/vision by 20% as well. That being said I've never heard anyone got cited for using one at night

C'mon it's 2018, we have have heated gloves, heated grips, heated jackets, and even heated socks. But no friggin heated visors?? I guess keeping your digits warm is more important than vision lol.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just FYI Pinlock system is actually illegal for night use (as egraham pointed out by the glare ^^^), at least in California since it reduces light/vision by 20% as well. That being said I've never heard anyone got cited for using one at night

C'mon it's 2018, we have have heated gloves, heated grips, heated jackets, and even heated socks. But no friggin heated visors?? I guess keeping your digits warm is more important than vision lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=MTCaBsO7DCw

1 - 20 of 20 Posts