Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up here. I wasn't really expecting to buy a bike today, but I came out of the dealership with the papers for my very own Rebel 500. I got it in black and I'm so happy right now. I don't have my permit just yet or a truck, and they can't deliver it until Tuesday, so that's when she'll be home.

I'm a simple guy, Filipino-American, USAF Vet/firefighter, I have a wife and daughter. I enjoy MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, and BJJ. All I want to do is grow my own food and ride my motorcycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome! I recommend a motorcycle safety course for beginner riders. It replaces the DMV driving segment of the licence process and all you'll need is the written portion and save like 10% or so on insurance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new Rebel Beetsbyrei! You will get great advice here from fellow owners.
Yes, do attend a motorcycle safety course; it is money well spent! Enjoy your new bike and ride safe always.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! I recommend a motorcycle safety course for beginner riders. It replaces the DMV driving segment of the licence process and all you'll need is the written portion and save like 10% or so on insurance.
I took the course but I didn't pass it. In my defense it was the first time I had ever touched a motorcycle and I only missed it by 5 points. My plan is to get my permit and practice in my neighborhood and then retake the course once I've mastered that slow right turn in the cones. My wife will ride as well, so I'll show her the basics I learned, and then she plans on taking the MSF course too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts