Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I’m going to be doing this to my mirrors as well. These are the clamps I got.

HTT Group Black 1" 25mm Motorcycle HandleBar 10mm Mirror Thread Mount Holder Clamp Adaptor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHRV28C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3bxWAbG8N2K73
Cheers for that, the only thing I've noticed with the mounts is that the black paint breaks away really easily. Not so much of an issue but something to consider when installing it all. Other than that they work perfectly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
788 Posts
can you take a pic with the bars turned completely each way? i swear when i test fitted mine a few weeks back and did that the mirrors were hitting and I didn't like it so put everything back. of course i just now thought about rotating the clamps so that might have helped the problem. maybe i should try it again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks! It's such an easy mod and it changes the look of the bike completely.

I ordered the tank pads through the dealer I bought my Rebel from. I live in Australia so here's an ebay link from Thailand for the tank pads.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GENUINE-H2C-REBEL-CMX-300-500-2017-TANK-PAD-FUEL-OIL-PROTEC-BODY-TOP-SIDE-/152699317579
Ok gotcha, I like the look of those a lot. Where in Australia are you from? I lived in Perth for a year on working/holiday visa

·
Registered
167 Posts
I question the placement of these mirrors. Not the look, I reckon they look cool, but the fact they are so low. Is it really practical? If this were a road rocket where you are leaning forward more and so your head is already tilted downward (comparatively) I can see them doing the trick, but on a cruiser and particularly our Rebel, we have a more upright posture. I find it would take more effort to look that far down, it doesn't seem efficient or natural.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed these mounts to flip my stock mirrors, very pleased with the result.

Got my clamps today but the thread needs to be counterclockwise and left hand threaded. The clamps I got (and can only find online) are clockwise and won’t work.

Do you have a specific link for the ones you got?

·
Registered
788 Posts
i tried fitting the adapters again yesterday and remembered my issue. i can't get the clamp on the bar next to the brake reservoir. looks like it's too thick. or you'd have to force it into place, and i feel like it might break doing that, cause others have said the metal is kind of cheap (and it does look like it could be), or really coated plastic.. I might give it one more try just didn't want to take a chance on breaking the adapter or damaging the reservoir.
obviously the fitment on the left side would be no problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i tried fitting the adapters again yesterday and remembered my issue. i can't get the clamp on the bar next to the brake reservoir. looks like it's too thick. or you'd have to force it into place, and i feel like it might break doing that, cause others have said the metal is kind of cheap (and it does look like it could be), or really coated plastic.. I might give it one more try just didn't want to take a chance on breaking the adapter or damaging the reservoir.
obviously the fitment on the left side would be no problem.
Yeah I ran into the same issue

1 - 20 of 85 Posts