Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to flip the stock handle bar on there bike? I saw a picture once but could not find it again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Dealer has said that flipping the handlebars is no problem and said it would bring back the handle bars probably enough for me to make it not so much of a reach. I am 5'3" and have short arm's. Don't care for the "reach" and to me it causes fatigue and can result in dangerous riding. So flipping to me would be ideal if it truly were to work. Otherwise risers and flipping combined might do the deed enough to make it comfortable and safe.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My mistake, read through the title fast and thought it was indeed mirrors you were talking about. Didn't even know flipping handlebars was a thing.

If you do it, post pics. Curious how it will look/ride. Personally I wouldn't do it, but then again I don't have the reach issue. I'd think you'd be better off with just the riser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My mistake, read through the title fast and thought it was indeed mirrors you were talking about. Didn't even know flipping handlebars was a thing.

If you do it, post pics. Curious how it will look/ride. Personally I wouldn't do it, but then again I don't have the reach issue. I'd think you'd be better off with just the riser.
Course it's a thing, the world is your oyster.

Pretty simple, just had to drill two holes as the controls have a locator pin so you don't install them wrong. The brake reservoir interferes with the turn signals so they have to be lowered too.

The riding position is just a bit more forward, and I can't lock my forks because I can't turn them left enough. Overall I'd probably be happier just grabbing some real Clubman bars but if you're on a budget go for it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts