Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where & how to get to the relay?
I need to change it for a LED unit as I've changed all the lights on the rear end.

I can hear a ticking when switched on behind the fork yolk.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Does anyone know where & how to get to the relay?
I need to change it for a LED unit as I've changed all the lights on the rear end.

I can hear a ticking when switched on behind the fork yolk.
I am not 100% positive, but inside the Headlight housing is basically every wire for the bike. I am pretty sure the relays are in that harness but I can't remember exactly so don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You could potentially use Canbus LEDs that would eliminate the need to replace that relay as well I believe. I'm not sure where it is as I don't have mine yet unfortunately :(

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could potentially use Canbus LEDs that would eliminate the need to replace that relay as well I believe. I'm not sure where it is as I don't have mine yet unfortunately :(
I've already changed the lights so those are not an option now.
Strangely enough when I switch the Hazards on, the flash speed is normal.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not 100% positive, but inside the Headlight housing is basically every wire for the bike. I am pretty sure the relays are in that harness but I can't remember exactly so don't quote me on that.
I will have a look inside the headlight, but sure I'm hearing the flasher ticking somewhere behind it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will have a look inside the headlight, but sure I'm hearing the flasher ticking somewhere behind it.
The extra current of the hazards is enough for it to cycle properly. I've been in the headlamp bucket several times and don.t believe the relays are in there. Probably under the seat on the right side of the battery.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah the hazard thing is normal. That always happens. But under the seat is what I would be banking on as that's where they would typically be from what I've known and read about Honda bikes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's the area of the relay ticking sound Anyway. So now we're getting somewhere.
Thanks for the pic :smile2:
It's not just somewhere, those are the relays. Wasn't going through all that trouble to take a picture of "somewhere". Maybe it's the boots that are covering them that is throwing you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts