Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’m 24 years old, clean driving record, going to get my M1 in April, I live in Brampton Ontario. If you have any advice on which insurance agents to go with, or how to get the best insurance option then let me know!

Appreciate all the responses

·
Super Moderator
1,255 Posts
get a quote from your auto insurance agent - depending on what company you're with you can get a decent discount for bundling - if your company doesn't offer that you might want to consider moving your auto policy over to a company that does offer bundling

·
Registered
56 Posts
Geico here in the US

Hi,
I have Geico here in the US. Because I live in NY, it might be higher than most but I pay about $190/yr (yes, a YEAR) for full coverage and liability for my 2017 Rebel 300.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Geico actually stands for Government Employees Insurance Company so I don't think it's available in Canada.

My advice is to get 3 quotes before you decide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try to find an insurance broker. They can have access to buying policies in bulk for cheap. They can also shop your info amongst the different insurance companies and show you the best prices. I got a policy quote from a broker that one third the cost of the direct online quotes I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
44 Posts
I got my 300 a couple months ago, got quotes from the dealer’s insurance agent. The best was Dairyland (not sure if available outside US). I pay $288/yr for full coverage with low deductibles and good liability limits. Progressive was $20/yr more with similar coverage. I’ve only had a (m) license for 3 months, but have a clean driving history with my cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I pay 60$ a year for mine through geico, its only liability though.
Does that mean it only covers if you hit someone else? How does car/motorcycle insurance work, like are you S.O.L. if the other person has no insurance and hits you? What does "full coverage" cover really if everyone has a liability coverage of at least 10k?

·
Registered
717 Posts
In general, liability insurance covers what you hit. If you look at your declarations page it shows how much it covers for things like property damage, medical etc. If you get hit by an uninsured, you are out of luck UNLESS you have Uninsured Motorist coverage but you need to have full coverage to get that. Full coverage includes comprehensive, collision and theft. If you'e financing your bike, the lender will require that you have full coverage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In general, liability insurance covers what you hit. If you look at your declarations page it shows how much it covers for things like property damage, medical etc. If you get hit by an uninsured, you are out of luck UNLESS you have Uninsured Motorist coverage but you need to have full coverage to get that. Full coverage includes comprehensive, collision and theft. If you'e financing your bike, the lender will require that you have full coverage.
Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts