Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm happily surprised that there aren't too many other posts like this one.

After purchasing my Rebel 500 in May of 2017, and riding it until November, I moved 200 miles to western Montana at the beginning of 2018 and was riding again (after the snow and ice cleared) from March until the fateful day on May 3rd when I had my first accident :surprise:.

The gas tank was badly dented, and many of the levers and pegs on the left side were bent.

I ended up with a fractured humerus that has so far taken 11 weeks to heal (that's pretty quick). I'm going to spend a few days riding my pedal bicycle before getting back on "Red" for the first time in another week. After a few weeks of physical therapy recently, and a clearance from the orthopedic doc in a few days, I'm looking forward to the remainder of the summer riding season.

Luckily for me the "other guy", who failed to stop or yield when emerging from a parking lot on my right, had insurance and they accepted that their man was totally at fault, so they paid for the $1,000 repairs and my medical expenses. I swerved (too severely), so he didn't actually hit me, but I went down hard. I was wearing a helmet and safety gear but my head didn't hit the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most important and glad to hear that you are OK and they paid for the repairs on your bike as well all medical
expenses.

Wish you a smooth transition back on your bike and please be careful at all times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts