Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Finally Delivered!!

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  nrg3k 
#1 ·
Last night, My new Rebel 500A was delivered. I purchased it last week (longest week of my life) and had the dealer bring it to me since I wasn't comfortable with all the highway riding in between.

I took it for a spin for a couple of hours last night. It was so much fun. I am thrilled to have this bike and ready to start making a ton of customizations.

Initial thoughts:

- I am 200lbs, The seat did bother me a bit. Didn't really notice until after getting off, my tailbone was a bit sore.
- It's very light and maneuverable. Even the 500. And being so close tot he ground I felt comfortable that if I started losing balance I can just put my feet down
- There a few security mechanisms I liked. Like when I was about to park and I kicked out the kick stand and that basically kills your engine.
- It's a beautiful bike. Items I'd be happy to change soon: seat, headlight (looks a bit cheap)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
While I am with you since I am changing the headlight, I hardly think it looks cheap. In fact it is one of the only places in the bike they didn't cheap out on. It is an actual glass headlight. There will be covers available for it, but I am also probably going to painting the headlight ring that holds the housing. I want it flat black, it looks a little odd being silver with almost the entire rest of the bike being blacked out.

As to the seat, I don't think it is too bad. On longer rides though it does seem to get a bit uncomfortable. There are covers you can buy on ebay that are universal, and even seats that are universal fit. I am hoping to wait for a Pleated set for rider/passenger seat combo to come out. Otherwise I will eventually try and do it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.