Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not experiencing that much heat from mine. Maybe I don't ride long enough, but just don't see the need right now for this.

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
What he failed to mention is that once you wrap your exhaust, the finish on the pipes is shot. You will see the wrap pattern left on the pipes when you remove it. All the minerals and road juice in the water that gets on your pipes when it rains will deposit on the pipes when the water is boiled off.

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
All I heard was (with the Rebel in mind here) don't bother do it. Basically only reason to do it would be to get the look from it.
Agreed. It does also provide a layer of insulation so you are less likely to burn your leg on the exhaust but that's not a problem with low mounted exhausts. The main advantage is looks, works well if your exhaust is all rusted and you don't want to paint or rechrome.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Agreed. It does also provide a layer of insulation so you are less likely to burn your leg on the exhaust but that's not a problem with low mounted exhausts. The main advantage is looks, works well if your exhaust is all rusted and you don't want to paint or rechrome.
Yeah i had that thought too, after seeing the picture somewhere here of one in for service, with it's exhaust pipes starting to rust.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The only thing that can be proven using the exhaust wrap is that the wrap will cover a rusty pipe. The rest of the promotion is all bull feathers.

Another waste of time and money.

Kenny G

1 - 16 of 16 Posts