Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree and have always been about uniform looking bikes, heck I would even look into a center mounted setup like what the CBR600's have if i had the money but for now I will be running the stock setup.

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
I didn't see anything like that available for a new Rebel 500. Not even sure if it's possible.

However, since Rebel 500 is two stroke, I believe it should have exhausts from both sides of rear. Just because it look cool!
4 stroke / 2 cylinder is what you meant I believe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It would be difficult to do and still remain legal.

You could just take the left pipe straight from the left cylinder port, and you would have to do an exact copy for the right side to match.

However, losing the headers and breadbox (catalytic converter/O2 sensor) would not have a good effect on the ECU.

Of course you could do a proper set-up with two breadboxes and O2 sensors, but I think it would be cheaper to just buy a bike with dual exhausts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could use a splitter at the collector and the either have a pipe made up to run to the other side or use flexi pipe... like this one
360b4a_3154961f486349babce6df08fbda8657_mv2_d_3525_2603_s_4_2.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
How about a can on the other side with a short pipe to nowhere? Balanced. Simples. ?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You can get fake exhausts for a lot of adventure style bikes that althought they look like an exhaust, they are tool boxes.
So you get the balanced looks, and a bit of practicality!
that's interesting

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the kind of set up you would need for dual pipes.... if you go for the full system you will need a power commander or new map. If only want slip on then you would need to fabricate on end of the collector to fit original headers...
received_805202203242408.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't see anything like that available for a new Rebel 500. Not even sure if it's possible.

However, since Rebel 500 is two stroke, I believe it should have exhausts from both sides of rear. Just because it look cool!
Their pipes have a raspy not to them, so would assume sound would be similar. If they have a dbkiller it would likely tame it some
Gem speed has a dual set up for 300 and 500. The rest of

1 - 16 of 16 Posts