Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on the TBR exhaust and the K-speed rear fender. Also made a quick little license plate mount. I am pretty happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fresh1 - looks awesome! I really want a shirt fender in mine but I'm unsure how it'll be in the wet.

Thrilla - Looks like a universal stand which he can now use with the new exhaust. He wouldn't be able to with the stock exhaust unless he removed it or cut the pin on the stand. Check out the third pic.

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
Fresh1 - looks awesome! I really want a shirt fender in mine but I'm unsure how it'll be in the wet.

Thrilla - Looks like a universal stand which he can now use with the new exhaust. He wouldn't be able to with the stock exhaust unless he removed it or cut the pin on the stand. Check out the third pic.
I should have took some pics of all my gear & the bike when I got home after a muddy downpour.
That might have made your mind up about the short Fender ha ha!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct the stand won't work with the stock exhaust =[. Now that this fender is on I think the Rebel will be a fair weather bike! I need to make a cover for the inside of the fender to keep water and debris out of the battery area. I will try and snap pictures of what I am talking about later

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
Correct the stand won't work with the stock exhaust =[. Now that this fender is on I think the Rebel will be a fair weather bike! I need to make a cover for the inside of the fender to keep water and debris out of the battery area. I will try and snap pictures of what I am talking about later
I resused the plastic guards as shown in pic, but the top piece fixes to the old fender, so I used a few cable ties to secure both pieces together, it does help to keep the majority of water out still.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Put on the TBR exhaust and the K-speed rear fender. Also made a quick little license plate mount. I am pretty happy!
Love that rear fender...I've been looking at that one for a couple weeks and was unsure whether to pull the trigger on it. How did the install go? Any advice / info you might have if I went ahead with it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I resused the plastic guards as shown in pic, but the top piece fixes to the old fender, so I used a few cable ties to secure both pieces together, it does help to keep the majority of water out still.
I might do that or see if I can find a spare piece of sheet metal at work

Love that rear fender...I've been looking at that one for a couple weeks and was unsure whether to pull the trigger on it. How did the install go? Any advice / info you might have if I went ahead with it?
Was this solution plug and plug or did you have to cut and solder wires?
Installation of the fender was a cake walk. The old came off very easy and the new went on easy. Had to use a test light to figure which wires do what. I am waiting on some load resistors right now so my turn signals stop flashing fast. But I am back out of town again.... might be a month before I am home =[[

·
Registered
20 Posts

Installation of the fender was a cake walk. The old came off very easy and the new went on easy. Had to use a test light to figure which wires do what. I am waiting on some load resistors right now so my turn signals stop flashing fast. But I am back out of town again.... might be a month before I am home =[[
sweet, thanks...I'll go ahead with it then, good to know I'll need a new flasher unit or load resistors too. Thought that might be the case but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I picked the stand up at my local harbor freight. It is just wide enough to fit the swing arm! The nice thing is it picks up on the swing arm and doesn't require spools

Will that stand hold the bike steady enough to program a gear indicator or is it better to do it on the road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I am not trying to hijack the thread but since you mentioned the gear indicator i want to ask a question.

I live in a gated community where the speed limit is 20 MPH and I live about a mile and 2 stop signs to get through to the gate and out on the road. Will I be able to ride to the road in 1st gear without shifting into 2nd and then proceed with programming?

I still have the Honda factory muffler so a stand is out of the question....

Kenny G

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kenny,
Check out the gear shift indicator thread in this section. I think you might have to do the reset when you get to where you want to start programming but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
KJD,

I did read the "Gear Shift Indicator Thread" and I am afraid I may have to do a reset. I am hoping to get away without that procedure.

Kenny G

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

sweet, thanks...I'll go ahead with it then, good to know I'll need a new flasher unit or load resistors too. Thought that might be the case but wasn't sure.
When I get back in town and have some time I will post the resistors you need for the install. But if you end up getting to it before me I won't be mad lol!!
I picked the stand up at my local harbor freight. It is just wide enough to fit the swing arm! The nice thing is it picks up on the swing arm and doesn't require spools

Will that stand hold the bike steady enough to program a gear indicator or is it better to do it on the road?

The bike is very solid on the stand. I would trust it. But if you are not comfortable you can just return the stand to harbor freight.

·
Registered
173 Posts
KJD,

I did read the "Gear Shift Indicator Thread" and I am afraid I may have to do a reset. I am hoping to get away without that procedure.

Kenny G

My instructions say you can downshift and even stop during set up because it doesn't learn the same gear twice. Good luck! I'm hoping to install mine this weekend.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I should have waited until I was at the highway to plug the Gear Indicator in.

I tried riding through The Ranch resulting in having to reset the Indicator and the instructions are a bit confusing when you are sitting along the highway while traffic speeds by.

I got the Indicator reading the proper gear on the second try.

Kenny G

1 - 20 of 22 Posts