Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that all new cars made in Europe after June 2022 will be fitted with speed restrictors set for UK speed limits.
Does anyone know if bikes are included (bet they are) ?
Apparently UK has not decided if they will also follow the new law.
I hope they will ignore it because of brexshit but just in case you were thinking of buying a sporty bike !!!!
This could be another reason for used bikes going up in value - mine is already worth more than I paid 18 months ago- crazy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can imagine a uk car doing 35kph on the autobahn

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
945 Posts
Trouble is, uk is lkely to link wth Europe on motor regulations for new cars/bikes. I dare say the manufacturers don't want us going out on a limb either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't heard anything of this but.....regardless.....I won't be buying a new bike again so I shouldn't be bothered by it. I guess my decision to keep my Bandit Sport has paid off?.....My 1100 Rebel will see me to bike retirement (I Hope) and I'll use the Bandit sparingly until then too. Governments & Greens trying to spoil everyone's fun! :cry::cry:

·
Registered
749 Posts
The UK had motorcycle restriction on power and speed long ago. I bought a grey import 1987 VFR400R a few years back from a guy in San Francisco that was imported into UK first then to the USA many years later. Owner had already gotten it registered in California or I would not have bought it.

Honda put a limiter in the speedometer 113mph and restriction rings in each of the V-4's 4 intake ports. The restriction rings were removed but not sure about the speedometer limit since I never had it very far over 100 mph, Really liked the bike. Gear driven cams and 14k redline. Of course, that was years before they joined the EU.

This was my one of my favorite bikes.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've heard that all new cars made in Europe after June 2022 will be fitted with speed restrictors set for UK speed limits.
Does anyone know if bikes are included (bet they are) ?
Apparently UK has not decided if they will also follow the new law.
I hope they will ignore it because of brexshit but just in case you were thinking of buying a sporty bike !!!!
This could be another reason for used bikes going up in value - mine is already worth more than I paid 18 months ago- crazy.
I did some research on this and found the following: "It’s understood currently that the 2022 introduction relates just to cars, vans, trucks, buses, coaches and similar. Motorcycles aren’t included for now. And retrofitting speed limiters into older vehicles will not be required." You can read more here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some research on this and found the following: "It’s understood currently that the 2022 introduction relates just to cars, vans, trucks, buses, coaches and similar. Motorcycles aren’t included for now. And retrofitting speed limiters into older vehicles will not be required." You can read more here.
Thank you for taking that up it's reassuring. I hope they don't change things but with our government who knows - it's probably a good excuse for another party!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts