Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing heat from contact with the engine on their lower right leg (calf area)?

I'm wondering how worried I should be and if there are any accessories available to help avoid getting burned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Usually I hold my foot half off peg, it seems to help me, for longer rides I wear chaps, I dont notice any discomfort when wearing them wether touching or not.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Are you guys referring to Rebel 300s or 500s.

I am in North Texas where summers are as hot as the hinges of **** and I have never noticed any heat on my legs from my 500.

Kenny G

·
Registered
6 Posts

I am in North Texas where summers are as hot as the hinges of **** and I have never noticed any heat on my legs from my 500.

Kenny G
I ride a 500. Generally don't notice heat unless I am riding for long periods. 40°C is the warmest I have ridden in.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Kenny G

I was referring to the 500.

It is commonly 100 degrees Fahrenheit here in North Texas during the summer.

Kenny G

I meant the heat from the engine, not the heat from the sun. :)

Are you wearing boots?

Yes. But the contact is between my jeans on the inside of the leg and the side of the engine casing, well above the boot.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I never get on a motorbike with out leather lace up boots that are well past the ankle, equivalent to paratrooper boots in height and weight

Kenny G
Boots and pants always, I see too many out there in shorts and flip flops. I've never felt any heat on my leg from my 500.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is the water coolant level correct?
The clutch protrudes and forces your foor almost off the peg on this bike (some design!). I am surprised your leg gets anywhere near the engine block.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It must be relative to the rider, sitting naturally on my 500 the clutch housing is at least an inch or more from my leg. I've never saw a problem with it at all.
It is not a problem to me either. I find the overall width of the engine is similar to my other parallel twin.And FWIW, overall the engine block stands out about 6cm (2 1/2ins.) more on the right side than the left. The cylinder block is not fitted centrally either ( it is to the right). Just my pen'orth.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't notice much heat... probably because I ride in 106F -114F weather a lot. Phoenix AZ. When I go for longer rides at times I notice the heat from the engine when the wind shifts. But it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rebel 500.
Long pants and tennis shoes, no socks.
80º+.
2 1/2 hours on the bike today, no heat noticed.
Almost all my riding today was at 50-70mph, that may have something to do with it. There is a plastic cover over the clutch housing that should never get terribly hot. I DID notice today ( my first long ride ) that if I move my right foot very slightly forward on the peg, the clutch housing doesn't touch my leg at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts