Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and also biking (my CMX500 is my first bike).

I am terrified at the thought of dropping my bike - something people tend to remind me WILL happen.

I have been looking around for crash bungs...something I have found extremely hard. I have found the following and was wondering if anyone has tried them or had experience with this type of engine guard?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-REBEL-CMX-500-2017-CRASH-BUNGS-SLIDERS-ENGINE-GUARD-FRAME-PROTECTOR/152703138625

Any help is greatly received.

·
Super Moderator
1,025 Posts
Welcome Workshop2
As this is your first post I have moved it to the Members introduction.

Those sliders I have been interested in myself & have seen them on several Rebels.
Alternatively, you could fit the H2C or other brand of crash bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive fitted H2C (The Honda Genuine option) to my partners Rebel for protection in a drop. Fit well and look good.

Reactions: Kenny G

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I ordered these from thailand, because i like the look of "real" crash bars and want to add highway-footpegs to them. Also the price is good and you get some (maybe not so good quality) extras.

I hope i will receive them, there has been some customers who didnt get anything oder wrong items and the shipping number doesnt do anything...we will see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182902687468

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

I didn't want to fit anything bulky to my bike. I might look into getting the plugs once paid (xmas hurt the bank balance).

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I ordered these from thailand, because i like the look of "real" crash bars and want to add highway-footpegs to them. Also the price is good and you get some (maybe not so good quality) extras.

I hope i will receive them, there has been some customers who didnt get anything oder wrong items and the shipping number doesnt do anything...we will see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182902687468
Krad,

The crash bars with the leather accessories look like a good setup for stash and to keep the wind off the riders legs when it is cold....

Kenny G

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe it's just an error in translation but it says the material is "Plastic". Hopefully that is not correct!
Im hoping that too, but there are crash bars which look exactly like the one i ordered, just without the extra stuff and there it says "Steel". Even from china i would not expect crash bars made from plastic but who knows? :surprise:

·
Registered
61 Posts
So, got them yesterday! It took ca. 14 days to arrive from thailand, not bad i think. The package was relatevly well packed and everything was ok. Paid ca. 185 Euro.

The bars are not the best quality, there are some mistakes and the welding doesnt seem very well done. See photos. But its not THAT bad.

In addition i got a very bright flashlight (ultrafire, seems to be good quality), two extra lights (wont use them) and a strange pipe with a paper sample, i assume you should put there a copy of your license or some cash, but im not sure.

Installing it was not that easy, because there is no instruction and the fitment is not the very best. I managed it somehow but im not really sure, wether i did it like it is supposed to be, but now its strong added.

I took some photos with my mobile, i hope you can see enough...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.