Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these type of Engine Guards?

I purchased a set, but they don't seem to fit with the 500 engine. The top right mounting bracket seems to touch the cylinder head
and the one clamping screw can't be accessed, as it is blocked by then cylinder head. ( As can be seen in the photo below.)

Looks like it would not be an issue with the 300 engine, as that is what the bike pictured in the listing has.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these type of Engine Guards?
I purchased a set, but they don't seem to fit with the 500 engine. The top right mounting bracket seems to touch the cylinder head
and the one clamping screw can't be accessed, as it is blocked by then cylinder head. ( As can be seen in the photo below.)
Looks like it would not be an issue with the 300 engine, as that is what the bike pictured in the listing has.
Yeah looks like based on the listing it was made for the 300. Unless you could unbolt the radiator temporarily and put the bolts in from the other side, guess you'd have to return it for different brand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Returning them will be a pain since they came from China. I may have to modify them myself. I sent the seller a message, so I will see what they say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seller said they will fit the 500, since other customers have installed them. Guess I will give it another try, otherwise I will cut the top mounting bracket off, then make and weld on a different bracket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update. I did manage to get the engine guards installed. I replaced the stock allen head screws they include with the kit, with hex bolts. This allowed me to tighten the top-right bracket using a wrench. I am happy with them now, but not sure if I would recommend them, due to the issues I had with installing them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts