Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fascinated with the tires on the custom Rebel in this tire thread:

https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/385-wheels-tires/929-tire-sizes-rebel-300-500-a.html#post7009

I want to buy them for my Rebel, however, I don't know anything about tire size and selection.

In the post, the person says they're "500-16 Firestone Deluxe Champions"

Is "500-16" the size of the tire, because that doesn't even look like the same format as the stock tires.

Is "500-16" the size for BOTH of the tires, front and back? Because I thought the two were different sizes.

These tires look a little larger than stock. Are they going to fit under the stock fenders?

These tires require tubes, right? I assume that will work ok because the picture seems to have the stock wheels?

Any other advice you can provide would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well. I figured they wouldn't be as cutting-edge as modern tires, but the one review I found on them on YouTube indirectly suggested that they handled so poorly that they were dangerous. They look so good. I can't find any other vintage-style tires that look that good, any suggestions?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've owned a couple of old harley's with those tires, they were OK on a 50 mph bike, but the square shoulders don't corner worth a crap, there is a reason they aren't used on anything that's actually going to be ridden. Vintage tires for vintage bikes at slow speeds, you really wouldn't want them on your bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts