Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I'm having an issue on ebay that I haven't had before, so thought someone here might have been in the same boat before.

I placed an order on July 12.
For delivery it says: Estimated delivery Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018 - Thursday, Jul 12, 2018.
That's fine and all, as expected it will be long shipping time, not an issue.

But, here comes the strange part..
The shipping number I received doesn't match up with my package.
For that one it claims the order was placed on Mars 22, and supposedly was to be shipped to Africa...

On June 16 I send the seller a message in regards of this:
Hi.

I believe this tracking number is incorrect: RR276003585TH
It gives me tracking info for a package that is not mine.
Please check.

Thank you.

He replies that he will check this for me.

A couple of days goes by, still no word back, so I message him again on June 20 to get an update on this, and he replies:
my friend
I have checked you
Now your product is on the airport in your country.
You will get it soon.

Long story short, almost 2 weeks later now, still nothing...
So I'm getting a bit worried about this..

Should I just sit it out until July 12, and claim a refund for not receiving the package? (Assuming that it actually ain't gonna arrive here) Or..??
I've never had an ebay seller provide me with the wrong tracking number before, so I'm a bit lost to what to do in this matter.

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
file a case when ebay allows it - you have to wait a few days after the last delivery date

if you get it you can cancel the case

if not, you will get your money back

people make mistakes, people defraud, stuff happens - you don't have to eat it

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
file a case when ebay allows it - you have to wait a few days after the last delivery date

if you get it you can cancel the case

if not, you will get your money back

people make mistakes, people defraud, stuff happens - you don't have to eat it
Yeah that's what I thought.
Bah, what a hassle... Still a pain having to wait all this time, and possibly having to wait the double now..
I'm due for my vacation soon also, so I can't suddenly have a package arriving either..
Oh well, not much I can do right now anyway but to wait a little longer.
The funny thing is though, that I've shopped from the same seller before, hence my confidence in ordering from him again. :|

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're lucky if the tracking number actually shows its nowhere near the shipping address. I had an eBay seller give me a tracking number for an amazon order that shows delivery confirmation in my zip code so when I opened a case up with Ebay, they checked the tracking number, saw that it got delivered, and said I was basically lying. Well, I didn't give up, did more research and was able to provide proof from USPS that the tracking number given to me was indeed delivered to a different address. These scammers man, they are on another level nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
no f bombs please

Some scammers are clever - too bad they couldn't redirect that into something productive.

I had a new one from eBay yesterday. I specifically searched for US shipper for a new brake light. Found a good deal and paid. The seller sent me a note saying his US inventory was depleted and would I mind if they shipped from China. No way. If you ship from China you will get negative feedback from me. That's why I searched for US shippers because it sometimes takes a month to get something from China. His listing still says it is shipped from US but I did get the order cancelled.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys.
I'm having an issue on ebay that I haven't had before, so thought someone here might have been in the same boat before.

I placed an order on July 12.
For delivery it says: Estimated delivery Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018 - Thursday, Jul 12, 2018.
That's fine and all, as expected it will be long shipping time, not an issue.

But, here comes the strange part..
The shipping number I received doesn't match up with my package.
For that one it claims the order was placed on Mars 22, and supposedly was to be shipped to Africa...

On June 16 I send the seller a message in regards of this:
Hi.

I believe this tracking number is incorrect: RR276003585TH
It gives me tracking info for a package that is not mine.
Please check.

Thank you.

He replies that he will check this for me.

A couple of days goes by, still no word back, so I message him again on June 20 to get an update on this, and he replies:
my friend
I have checked you
Now your product is on the airport in your country.
You will get it soon.

Long story short, almost 2 weeks later now, still nothing...
So I'm getting a bit worried about this..

Should I just sit it out until July 12, and claim a refund for not receiving the package? (Assuming that it actually ain't gonna arrive here) Or..??
I've never had an ebay seller provide me with the wrong tracking number before, so I'm a bit lost to what to do in this matter.
If you did it through pay pal i sould file a claim on there too. Im always waiting on sellers wether it's on ebay or not because some of these people aith legit looking online store fronts are a **** scam. Usually everytime i file a pay pal claim my stuff shows up miraculously that week.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're lucky if the tracking number actually shows its nowhere near the shipping address. I had an eBay seller give me a tracking number for an amazon order that shows delivery confirmation in my zip code so when I opened a case up with Ebay, they checked the tracking number, saw that it got delivered, and said I was basically lying. Well, I didn't give up, did more research and was able to provide proof from USPS that the tracking number given to me was indeed delivered to a different address. These scammers man, they are on another level nowadays.
Heh, yeah no worries there, I'm a slight distance from Africa :p
But yeah, it's a shame people can't just be honest. Hopefully it can still turn up here, but in any case I paid with paypal, so I'll always get the money back at least.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just about had it now...
Poked the seller again, pointing out that the last due arrive date is now on July 12, and I've still not heard anything from any courier.
Now he claims it will arrive on the 20th, 100% guarantied.....
*sigh*

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've just about had it now...
Poked the seller again, pointing out that the last due arrive date is now on July 12, and I've still not heard anything from any courier.
Now he claims it will arrive on the 20th, 100% guarantied.....
*sigh*
I would open up a ticket against him the day after the 12th. Sucks that it is so hard to communicate with some ebay sellers.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would open up a ticket against him the day after the 12th. Sucks that it is so hard to communicate with some ebay sellers.
I found some contact info for ebay help when seller doesn't provide tracking info, so I've sent them a mail in regards of this.
I did get a tracking number, technically, but it wasn't for my package, so then again he technically haven't provided me with an actual tracking number for my package, so yeah.. We'll see what ebay support makes out of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those curious, a little update.
I did sent ebay support a mail on the matter, and they went an looked into the messages between me and the seller, and they believe that my package has been sent and is on it's way.
But still encouraged me to keep to the original expected delivery date, and report it in if I didn't get the package by then.
So, 24 hours passed after the last expected delivery date, so I went ahead with ebays recommendation to report it in.
As said as done, and that's 3 days ago now.
Got mail today that the seller had update the shipping information for my package.
It's a brand new tracking number, so it's not even registered to any package/courier yet, meaning he's sending a new package out of Thailand... And I'll be bloody waiting yet another month now before it arrives... smh...
Bah, we have a saying here in Norway that is "He who wait's for something good, does not wait in vain"
But man am I tired of waiting now...

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's not right but not much you can do - i didn't know ebay would let a seller submit a new tracking number
Well, it is sorta my request thou..
When I reported it, I was given the option of do I want a Refund, or the Item?
Obviously, I still want the darn piece.
And the seller is given 3 days to fix the issue, with 4 options:
§
Provide tracking
§
Issue a full refund
§
Send a message
§
Offer a replacement item

Most likely he went cheap when sending my first package, choosing a none traceable package, as it's cheaper.
But at this time and point, he isn't able to provide me with any tracking info for it, obviously. But he still hasn't verbally gone and said that it has no tracking number.
So I assume he has had to bite the bullet and send another item now, with tracking.
It was at the back of my head that this might happen, and it's a pain that it's going to take twice as long to get the package now. But if it does show up now then perhaps, maybe, it will all be worth it.
Kinda feeling I should have gotten a bit refunded on top of it all here, but the thought that the seller will now have shipped two of them, and only receives payment for one of them, plus the cost of shipping them, it's a bit satisfying.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*sigh*
So.. After 3 days the new tracking number was still not working. The day after is when I could ask ebay to sort this out, and that day I suddenly received a full refund for the order.
I'm like, okaay, that not what I asked for.. And get a message from the seller that the package has returned to them?!
It smells a bit like bulls*** if you ask me..
But I still want the darn thing, so long story short, I placed a new order, got an actual working tracking number! And in less than 2 days after ordering it's already left Thailand. Still says it'll take a month before I get it, but oh well... Cant really do much about the shipping time either way, so it's the waiting game for me all over again here....

·
Registered
676 Posts
But I still want the darn thing, so long story short, I placed a new order, got an actual working tracking number! And in less than 2 days after ordering it's already left Thailand. Still says it'll take a month before I get it, but oh well... Cant really do much about the shipping time either way, so it's the waiting game for me all over again here....
You are a very patient person....

·
Registered
366 Posts
*sigh*
So.. After 3 days the new tracking number was still not working. The day after is when I could ask ebay to sort this out, and that day I suddenly received a full refund for the order.
I'm like, okaay, that not what I asked for.. And get a message from the seller that the package has returned to them?!
It smells a bit like bulls*** if you ask me..
I'm sure you will leave a 5 star rating in the sellers profile!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are a very patient person....
Do one really have a choice, when shopping on ebay..? :|
I can be somewhat patient in general, but if it wasn't for the fact that this is the only seller with this part, then I would have given he/she an ear full a long time ago...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Do one really have a choice, when shopping on ebay..? :|
I can be somewhat patient in general, but if it wasn't for the fact that this is the only seller with this part, then I would have given he/she an ear full a long time ago...
Lyoko, This episode has been going on so long I forget what part you ordered...LOL

Kenny G

1 - 20 of 32 Posts