Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'll find quite a few people here who agree with you. A few folks here are working on it, myself included. I'm waiting on some ebay parts from China. The whole setup is only held on with three bolts so that's easy enough. Some wiring will have to be done and that's my weak point right now, especially since we have to go from incandescent bulbs (what is this, 1999?) to LED.
I'm sure some aftermarket folks are on it too, since the first ones will get some decent sales out of it. That's the problem with early adoption. The aftermarket guys need to catch up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you utilize canbus LED bulbs, you'll be able to work around the incandescent difference as you won't have to use any in-line resistors so that's something to help out a bit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a tail light at the house that i am working on installing. not a big fan of having to drill holes in my fender but we dont have any bolt on aftermarket options at the moment that i know of. im pretty sure i read somewhere that the ruckus tail light is the same as the rebel. they make led versions that have the turn signals built in. that may be a pretty easy option, if your just looking to get rid of the turn signals that stick out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a tail light at the house that i am working on installing. not a big fan of having to drill holes in my fender but we dont have any bolt on aftermarket options at the moment that i know of. im pretty sure i read somewhere that the ruckus tail light is the same as the rebel. they make led versions that have the turn signals built in. that may be a pretty easy option, if your just looking to get rid of the turn signals that stick out.
If ruckus taillight assemblies fit our bikes without major modifications of the bike or taillight it really opens up the available options we have. There are thousands of ruckus parts.

Even if the wires aren't plug and play can anyone confirm that the mounting holes line up between the ruckus taillight and the rebel's fender?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts