Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing out of my slanted driveway and lost balance.. I dropped my bike; I think it turned the engine off on its own. The battery is new and seems fine. However, when I push the power button, the engine doesn't crank and I hear what sounds like an electrical buzzing coming out of a very specific area opposite the side that hit the ground (in the picture)... ignore the hanging wires - they're for the alarm I installed. My bike was fine.. rode it to work yesterday, no problem. It was fine this morning when I turned it on to help me maneuver around my small garage. It was fine until I dropped it. I checked fuses; they're fine. Checked the wires connected to the battery and looked all around for loose wiring.. didn't see anything obvious. Also, on one of my many attempts to start it, the engine started to turn before it made that same sound again and quit. Makes me wonder if it's the starter, maybe? Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
a drop like that wouldn't hurt anything - try unhooking the battery and rehooking after a few minutes - maybe an auto cut-off switch from the drop - also try tapping on that sensor

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
a drop like that wouldn't hurt anything - try unhooking the battery and rehooking after a few minutes - maybe an auto cut-off switch from the drop - also try tapping on that sensor
Yes, but it resets when you turn your key to "off"
But maybe the sensor got a little bump, might be damaged?

But, when you try to start it now, all you get is that buzzing sound? Nothing else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to circle back.. I had my bike towed to a dealership (thank goodness for Honda road service). It turned out that my battery terminals were quite loose and had been losing juice from my vampire Gorilla alarm. When I dropped the bike, it pretty much dislodged everything. Anyway, I now have a battery tender and a volt meter.. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just to circle back.. I had my bike towed to a dealership (thank goodness for Honda road service). It turned out that my battery terminals were quite loose and had been losing juice from my vampire Gorilla alarm. When I dropped the bike, it pretty much dislodged everything. Anyway, I now have a battery tender and a volt meter.. :)
I was just getting ready to post it is the battery. Buzzing is the starter or starter relay not getting enough voltage.

Glad you got it figured out already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, newbie from Houston, I am willing to buy a trailer for motorcycle towing service, anybody knows which trailer is best for towing a motorcycle, around 3,4 motorcycle at the time I have to tow, need reliable and durable which can run a long time. We are providing a service of motorcycle tow truck services in Houston so we need it for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts