Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I've been incredibly curious on how easy/hard it might be to replace the stock handle bars with straight / drag bars.
Also, does anyone have any information on some good options to do so? What would be the most compatible?
Has anyone replaced the handlebars themselves with examples of what they have done?
Photos of your ride would be helpful and very welcome! 馃檪
Thanks in advance!

Registered
Hey all.
I've been incredibly curious on how easy/hard it might be to replace the stock handle bars with straight / drag bars.
Also, does anyone have any information on some good options to do so? What would be the most compatible?
Has anyone replaced the handlebars themselves with examples of what they have done?
Thanks in advance!
Here is the H2C straight bar setup. My arms are lacking a bit in the length department to go this route, it does look good though!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all.
Thanks in advance!
Here is the H2C straight bar setup. My arms are lacking a bit in the length department to go this route, it does look good though!
They look nice! I wondered about comfort level as well.

Registered
Hey all.
Thanks in advance!

I currently have straight bars and used to have drag bars. The straight bars are probably the most compatible and most comfortable. With the drag bars you sit more in a sports bike position. If you decide to switch to either a straight or drag bar, the handle bars will hit your gas tank so your turning radius is reduced. Also you can鈥檛 lock your forks with either of these set ups. Something to think about.

Overall I love my straight bars though! They鈥檙e heavier than the stock ones so it gives me more stability. I bought my bars at a motorcycle swap meet in my local town.

Here are some pics of my straight bars. Side by side comparison (left: stock, right: straight bar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I currently have straight bars and used to have drag bars. The straight bars are probably the most compatible and most comfortable. With the drag bars you sit more in a sports bike position. If you decide to switch to either a straight or drag bar, the handle bars will hit your gas tank so your turning radius is reduced. Also you can鈥檛 lock your forks with either of these set ups. Something to think about.

Overall I love my straight bars though! They鈥檙e heavier than the stock ones so it gives me more stability. I bought my bars at a motorcycle swap meet in my local town.

Here are some pics of my straight bars. Side by side comparison (left: stock, right: straight bar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FYI there is a reason you are havint the problems you describe. Hitting tank, reaching to far forward, can't lock bike.
It is because to install Drag or straight bars on this bike you are suppose to install the Honda Risers. I have them on mine and have 0 issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-REBEL-CMX-300-500-H2C-HANDLE-BAR-RISER-PULLBACK-2017-GENUINE-ACCESSORY/173282555504?hash=item285871f670:g:-o8AAOSwm7RZnqjm&vxp=mtr

They are not cheap but they allow you to mount the speedo the stock way instead of having to figure something out using after market ones.

I posted a pic of them below.

Attachments

Registered
FYI there is a reason you are havint the problems you describe. Hitting tank, reaching to far forward, can't lock bike.
It is because to install Drag or straight bars on this bike you are suppose to install the Honda Risers. I have them on mine and have 0 issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-REBEL-CMX-300-500-H2C-HANDLE-BAR-RISER-PULLBACK-2017-GENUINE-ACCESSORY/173282555504?hash=item285871f670:g:-o8AAOSwm7RZnqjm&vxp=mtr

They are not cheap but they allow you to mount the speedo the stock way instead of having to figure something out using after market ones.

I posted a pic of them below.
Thanks for the link! I have some aftermarket ones but mine still hits my tank. I might have to get these then!

Registered
i had a straight bar installed for week and i swapped back my stock bar. it looks really cool though, but for me, i'm a short guy with a short reach, so i tend to lean forward when i ride with a straight bar, not comfortable for me specially when i carry a guitar on my back sometimes.

i agree that if you install the H2C riser, your straight bar won't hit the tank. but you can't flip your mirrors though, so you have to use bar end mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts