Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember my old bike, even with liquid cooling, would overheat in traffic if the bike wasn't moving, but it was a 2003 bike. If I could remember correctly, maybe after a minute or so in the summer time, even with the radiator fan on, it would still overheat.

Do the Rebel 500s have this problem or does it stay pretty stable during traffic or long waits at red lights?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I remember my old bike, even with liquid cooling, would overheat in traffic if the bike wasn't moving, but it was a 2003 bike. If I could remember correctly, maybe after a minute or so in the summer time, even with the radiator fan on, it would still overheat.

Do the Rebel 500s have this problem or does it stay pretty stable during traffic or long waits at red lights?
I live in Southern California with regular summer temps over 100 F and have never encountered an overheating issue.

·
Registered
814 Posts
If you previously had a liquid cooled bike that was overheating in traffic then there was something wrong witht the bike. Probably air in the cooling system.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Remove the cap, fill the thing up to the top, and top off the overfill tank.
Ride to get it hot then park it overnight.
The next day take off cover and check that the level is still up to top and check how much the overflow tank went down.
If the tank level went down a bunch add more.
If the level ISN'T up to the top, you got either a leak, or a possible bad head gasket, or both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts