Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got finished attaching the Diablo headlight fairing. It came with the fairing and the mounting bracket but no screws or instructions. I managed to find screws that were long enough to fit and the zipties were necessary to fix the fairing into place. Not sure if anyone else has had a problem with this product. I contacted the seller to see if there were missing parts so we'll see. In the meantime, this will have to do. Let me know what you guys think and if you had experience installing this product.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Mine came with everything I needed.
Where did you get yours?

Edit: Also, I can tell by the picture that yours is not installed correctly. The rubber ring around the headlight should be flush with the headlight. As it sits now, it's way to much forwards.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This morning riding into work it was 35 degrees out. Wind hitting the bottom of my chin was excruciating, any chance these mini fairings deflect the wind high enough to avoid hitting the chin?

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Dollar
I think it’s a mixed bag from some who have installed one.
I personally think mine makes virtually no difference as a wind deflector, but then I don’t clog it on the highway much.
At 70mph” wasn’t feeling any uncomfortable wind blast.

Are you using an open face or full?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mine came with everything I needed.
Where did you get yours?

Edit: Also, I can tell by the picture that yours is not installed correctly. The rubber ring around the headlight should be flush with the headlight. As it sits now, it's way to much forwards.
I got mine from eBay. What did yours come with? I only received the fairing and the mounting bracket so I had to use zip ties for it to secure.

Also, did you fasten it onto the speedometer?

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Today was a full face helmet. Wore thermals, leather, etc. but the tiny bit of exposed skin under my chin was feeling the cold. Should've worn a scarf
Ahh yes the scarf should have been worn.
Probably my previous post wasn’t much help as the temp here is always hot. 41c most days recenlty so I’m not gonna get the chill on my face or hands’ with or without the fairing’.

·
Registered
869 Posts
This morning riding into work it was 35 degrees out. Wind hitting the bottom of my chin was excruciating, any chance these mini fairings deflect the wind high enough to avoid hitting the chin?
not from mine. it did stop wind hitting me in the chest, now the wind starts at neck/chin level. so in cold weather i've had to wear a scarf or balaclava something to cover that area, otherwise it's frozen

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I got mine from eBay. What did yours come with? I only received the fairing and the mounting bracket so I had to use zip ties for it to secure.

Fairing, bracket and the required bolts. The nuts for the bolts are welded onto the bracket.

What, and how, did you mount it with zip ties?!

Yes, you unscrew the Speedo and place the bracket inbetween and screw the pieces back together again.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Fairing, bracket and the required bolts. The nuts for the bolts are welded onto the bracket.

What, and how, did you mount it with zip ties?!

Yes, you unscrew the Speedo and place the bracket inbetween and screw the pieces back together again.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Are you using the bolts that came with the speedometer? Those were too short and made the whole thing too wobbly. I found longer bolts that fit and zip tied it closer to the headlight because it wasn't centered. Without the zipties, it would look way worse that what it looks like currently. Do you mind taking a picture of how you set your up? I feel like I might not have done it properly

·
Banned
247 Posts
Does your helmet have a chin curtain, or can you buy one for it? My HJC didn't come with one but it had mounting holes in the chin, my curtain was like $8 on Amazon. It saved me when I was taking my MSF course in 8 windchill.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Does your helmet have a chin curtain, or can you buy one for it? My HJC didn't come with one but it had mounting holes in the chin, my curtain was like $8 on Amazon. It saved me when I was taking my MSF course in 8 windchill.
Nope, no chin curtain was included, never knew that was a thing.
I'll have to double check my helmet this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Are you using the bolts that came with the speedometer? Those were too short and made the whole thing too wobbly. I found longer bolts that fit and zip tied it closer to the headlight because it wasn't centered. Without the zipties, it would look way worse that what it looks like currently. Do you mind taking a picture of how you set your up? I feel like I might not have done it properly
Jupp, used the stock bolts for the speedo.
It sounds like your bracket was made in a hurry, and thus doesn't make the headlight cover sit properly over the headlight. Mine is a tiny bit out of alignment, but not much. I'll just bend/mend the bracket until it's where it's supposed to be. But it sound like yours might require a bit more work..

Where and how have you zip tied it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jupp, used the stock bolts for the speedo.
It sounds like your bracket was made in a hurry, and thus doesn't make the headlight cover sit properly over the headlight. Mine is a tiny bit out of alignment, but not much. I'll just bend/mend the bracket until it's where it's supposed to be. But it sound like yours might require a bit more work..

Where and how have you zip tied it?
I figured it out. I didn't place the bracket in the correct spot which is why the stock bolts weren't going all the way through. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got mine last week and I found that when bringing it back to the correct position, it squished the fairing to the point where the hole for the headlight is now sort of an oblong shape. Looks a little silly to me, but then, I was staring at it for like 10 mins. Everyone else says it looks pretty cool. I like it. Sadly, when I saw what this was actually made of and how I spent $200 for a piece of ABS plastic, I felt ripped off. Then, I realized I could make these with my 3d printer and flip for $100/each and upgrade to my Rebel 500 a lot sooner than I planned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
not from mine. it did stop wind hitting me in the chest, now the wind starts at neck/chin level. so in cold weather i've had to wear a scarf or balaclava something to cover that area, otherwise it's frozen
Hey Odin, do you care if I ask how tall you are?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts