Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I really like the Rebel 500 however being nearly 6ft tall it does get cramped for longer rides. Can anyone who has these forward controls tell me if its worth buying.. Im also wondering if the lean angle and the sense of maneuverability changes.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey guys,

I really like the Rebel 500 however being nearly 6ft tall it does get cramped for longer rides. Can anyone who has these forward controls tell me if its worth buying.. Im also wondering if the lean angle and the sense of maneuverability changes.

Thanks

Jason

I have rebel 300 with the forward controls and they work well for my 5' 8" tall.

I also put floorboards and heel toe shifter to make it better for my style of riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome.. It is quite pricey but I think it'll be worth it. How was the installation ? And did you need to purchase a piece to adjust the shifter?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have these as well on my 500... no clearance issues.

I had them installed locally, as I'm not the most mechanically inclined and I wanted to be safe, but the parts kit comes with everything you need.

And unlike the various "universal" forward controls kits out there, these look like they were factory installed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awesome.. It is quite pricey but I think it'll be worth it. How was the installation ? And did you need to purchase a piece to adjust the shifter?
They are made for the 500 since 300s aren't imported to Italy.

On the 300 I cut the original shifter off the shift lever that connects to the out shaft of the transmission, drilled a hole and installed the shaft that came with the kit.

The brake side fits, since it is the same as the 500.

I bought my kit used from a member on the forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
DO you feel like your center of gravity has changed when cornering? Or does it feel about the same?

·
Registered
211 Posts
DO you feel like your center of gravity has changed when cornering? Or does it feel about the same?
I didn't notice any difference, but I only rode the bike stock for about 100 miles since I don't ride bikes without heel toe shifters and floor boards.
I also like the feet more forward than the stock position, with feet under the rider.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My biggest complaint is the transmission sticking out on the 500. I thought about forward controls to eliminate that issue but being a new rider my fear is that it will throw off my cornering abilities. As is on the highway I like to tuck in like a sport bike when going through curves. Feels safer that way but its probably all in my head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts