Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
What tires? Looks like a fair bit of suspension work, well done!
I'm still sorting out the heavy front end feel on my wife's 500, losing the H2C riser setback and drag bar in favor of a tracker bar has helped a lot. Still hard to countersteer at speed thogh and the front tire falls over at low speed turns.
Ordered a set of Shinko 777s, hoping that helps too.
Damned fine looking ride!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What tires? Looks like a fair bit of suspension work, well done!
I'm still sorting out the heavy front end feel on my wife's 500, losing the H2C riser setback and drag bar in favor of a tracker bar has helped a lot. Still hard to countersteer at speed thogh and the front tire falls over at low speed turns.
Ordered a set of Shinko 777s, hoping that helps too.
Damned fine looking ride!
I'm on Shinko 777 HD. Much softer and grippier than the OEM dunlops. Great in wet conditions as well. The added weight of the HD version provides some stability as well.

I hovered over the buy button on the suspension for quite some time. As it turns out it transforms this bike into a serious canyon carving machine.

I've owned a CBR 1000rr for more than 10 years, and I could keep up with myself on the rebel if things get twisty enough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm on Shinko 777 HD. Much softer and grippier than the OEM dunlops. Great in wet conditions as well. The added weight of the HD version provides some stability as well.

I hovered over the buy button on the suspension for quite some time. As it turns out it transforms this bike into a serious canyon carving machine.

I've owned a CBR 1000rr for more than 10 years, and I could keep up with myself on the rebel if things get twisty enough.
Any change to the front suspension? Are the Ohlins height adjustable at all?
My wife is petite, main reason for choosing this bike for her. Of course I want it as safe as possible for her as well and suspension is a big part of that.

Keeping up with a 1000rr in the twisties is impressive - I raced a 1098 Ducati for a few years before i hung up my leathers and those always gave me a run for my money!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spacers up front. Ah, in your wife will be fine with a preload adjustment.

What do you ride these days?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts