Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2018. CMX500 ABS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Been searching the forum but wasnt able to find a similar topic. So, has anyone tried installing Daytona Velona 48 Tachometer to their Rebel (500)?

I don't quite like the Velona 60 style, and it is bigger than 48 model, so I am planning to go with this one. Found some pictures online with japanese lettering, showing Rebel 500 with this tacho, so I suppose it's doable, but do we have someone here who did this?

My Rebel is 2018. model.

Best regards,

Uroš

· Registered
2018. CMX500 ABS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes - Daytona Velona 92569 definitely fits 2017-2019 Rebel 500 (300, too)
Thank you. It does fit but the spark plug signal pickup is not very reliable. I get loosing the signal, so I will need to connect it to the crank signal wire. And for that I will need an electrician.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, Been searching the forum but wasnt able to find a similar topic. So, has anyone tried installing Daytona Velona 48 Tachometer to their Rebel (500)? I don't quite like the Velona 60 style, and it is bigger than 48 model, so I am planning to go with this one. Found some pictures online with japanese lettering, showing Rebel 500 with this tacho, so I suppose it's doable, but do we have someone here who did this? My Rebel is 2018. model. Best regards, Uroš
For others with a 2020+ Rebel, I ordered the 48mm size kit from webike for my 2021 500cc. The harness that plugs into the ignition coil is perfect, but the connectors on the power/ground harness were not compatible. NOT plug and play. I had to get it hardwired.

· Registered
420 Posts
The kit did not come with instructions?
If they came with instructions in Japanese you can use Google Translate with your phone camera.

Yes, mine is 17283. I couldn’t find the appropriate place to connect power/ground. Checked headlight, under gas tank; ended up splicing into the accessory connectors wrapped inside the harness tape under the display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts